Recent posts

Announcements / Re: Happy Birthday, GLBasic!
Last post by erico - 2024-Sep-14
I read somewhere here something like that:
Version 1.2 - The first version of GLBasic (also known as The DiNGS Game Basic sequel) (2000)

Long Live GLBasic!
Announcements / Re: Happy Birthday, GLBasic!
Last post by MrPlow - 2024-Sep-13
Happy Birthday GLBasic!
GLBasic - en / Re: HTML5 improvements
Last post by erico - 2024-Sep-02
Nice work guys!
I have to get into hltml5 at some point soon.
Probably not game related but for a few tools.
I think Wiki needs an update to keep it current.
Announcements / Happy Birthday, GLBasic!
Last post by TI-994A - 2024-Sep-01
It's been a while since I posted here, but the occasion popped up on one of my old calendars! :)

Happy Birthday, GLBasic!  :booze:

Now, a question for our developer-in-chief, Gernot:

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2012-Jun-20The first version was released 01-Sep-2003.
I found the old html pages :)

Quote from: WikipediaVersion 1.2 - The first version of GLBasic (also known as The DiNGS Game Basic sequel) (2000)

Which one is accurate?

Last post by Paul Smith - 2024-Sep-01
Confirmed your Bleep does not work on Android Firefox.

I noticed firefox can be a little particular with sound as can Chrome, I tried a few settings for a bleep and in the end I used WAV 8/16bit 16/22/41 khz stereo(Mono didn't work) and these works on all platforms so far.

My Key click sound works on Firefox on my android.

https://paulsmith6175gmailcom.itch.io/bc

This is a work in progress and once its sorted I will create a thread with all the little things I discovered on my journey like how to get the full phone resolution not the 360x760ish, Audio formats, reading the screen width and height
Last post by Paul Smith - 2024-Aug-28
I love it when updates and fixes are being worked on, But I have the same question as Qedo. Does a push to GIT mean it will start to roll out on a STEAM update or do we have to do something manually?
Last post by Qedo - 2024-Aug-27
I confirm it doesn't play on Firefox mobile and I also add Google Chrome mobile
How can I access git for changes?
GLBasic - en / HTML5 improvements
Last post by Kitty Hello - 2024-Aug-27
I copy the icon.png to the distribute folder.
I managed to get ASYNCIFY running. Now infinite loops with SHOWSCREEN will work - which makes DDGui's combo boxes etc. fully working. But also, all code should just run without any modifications. I don't think performance will be an issue anymore. Today's mobile phones are more powerfull than the computers we had when experimenting with emscripten/html5.

Here's what I did - but it does not beep on my Android mobile Firefox :(

https://www.glbasic.com/beep_timer/BeepTimer.html

I pushed my changes to git.
3000+ Vector Games Assets Bundle on Fanatical.
Tiers:
All for €9.99
End date: ??

PR info:
The 3000+ Vector Games Assets Bundle offers you a cavalcade of 40 packs suitable for all your game projects. If you're looking to develop the next Fantasy Saga, we have 210 Game monsters, 25 Fantasy skeletons and 200 Fantasy icons to name just a few, that can help propel your vision into reality. If an arsenal of military equipment is what you're after we have you covered with 25 Top down - Tanks and artillery, 25 Vector aircraft and 30 Big Guns For 2D games.
Generally tons of static vector graphic - not animated.

Great GUI Games Assets Bundle on Fanatical.
Tiers:
8 items -> €1.10
23 items -> €5.50
44 items -> €14.30

PR info:
Within Tier 1 you can take your sci-fi first person shooter project to new heights with the Sci Fi UI, Sci Fi FPS Space UI and Sci Fi FPS Space Cyberpunk UI Asset Packs. These features a collection of futuristic menus, HUD elements, and interactive game screens, a wide variety of customizable buttons, icons, menus to bring a new dimension of immersion to your project.
Tier 2 Ramps up with 15 more packs. If you're looking to bring your fantasy adventure to life, there is a wonderful collection to implement in your project. Go full medieval with the Medieval RPG UI Kit, packed with several ui elements in different states and variations all highly detailed.
Tier 3 is where you'll find the true treasure trove of packs. With all the packs from the previous tiers along with a staggering 21 more all at a fantastic price. Looking to add the extra dark dystopian, cyberpunk feel to your project? The Pro Cyberpunk, Dark Sci fi and Advanced Cyberpunk GUI packs will tantalise anyone.

All New Game Music Mega Mix Bundle on Fanatical.
Tiers:
6 items -> €1.10
15 items -> €6.65
30 items -> €11.05
55 items -> €16.59

PR info:
In this monster new collection there's over $1,500 worth of pumping, chilled, LoFi, pulse racing, dynamic, ambient, background, keyboard, guitar and synth sounds and music tracks to suit ANY project, so whether you're building your killer race game, designing a scene for an RPG tale, working out how to generate a background atmosphere for your latest Sci-Fi adventure or just developing sounds and setting the scene for your multimedia project or YouTube video, there is most definitely something for you here, and then some...