CSV, SVN - version control in GLBasic?

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Hi,

I'm a total noob on that area. But I think it might be worth thinking about implementing something like this into GLBasic's IDE.
Has anyone got good experience with that?

I wanted to:
-Add a button "sync" to the IDE, that syncs with the server side repository
-When changes can't be automatically resolved, launch something like http://www.wingmerge.org
-Easiest to use, minimal requirements
-Using existing online repository servers (github/sourceforge)

bigsofty

I have some experience using TortoiseSVN and sourceforge.

I would LOVE to see some sort of online version control system, it would be a great boon to any lib that people have contributed to here (thinking Box2D for a start), any GLB collaborations in fact.

P.S. the link is http://winmerge.org
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Moru

Not to mention perfect for the 3D entity layer! :-)

Kitty Hello

Yes, there's more projects that would really benefit from this.

mangoo

Another really cool thing related to svn cvs is to exclude some files when copying to distribute/

There is a hidden ".svn" folder in every directory that is under version control (At least with tortoise svn, not sure for other svn tools). These folders cause trouble.

First of all they can become quite big (it contains the last cached versions of the local files).
It should not be in the final package thats distributed to the user and also it doesnt work for my iphone apps.

So what i am doing right now is to run a batch file after compiling, deleting all .svn folders for now. It would help if that would work automatically for the generated directory.

Moru

Yes, option to ignore a certain file filter like *.svn or all hidden files. I'm sure other version control programs uses different extensions and folders.

Filezilla has options for ignoring
CVS and SVN
Useless explorer files (.thumbs I guess)
and some other things not related to GLBasic