Sumvision Cyclone Voyager Tablet

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Decided to get a new tablet as my old 4" job was rather slow.  This Sumvision one is rather good - dual core graphics and is quick.  I haven't the beta Android programs on it yet, but previous ones are just fine.

mentalthink

Thank MrT, I look model superior than you and doens't cheaper tablet... about 140€, the CYCLONE and the benchmarks are very interestings...

I save this kind of tablets, I have to buy one nearly...

PS: it's curious like almost tablets have mali Chip for graphics and not tegra4.

bigsofty

It's amazing how the cost of tech has dropped, nice buy BTW!
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

It is pretty good.  There are a few niggles with it though :

• Only one camera and it is forward facing
    • Firmware updates can only be done on Windows XP, Vista or 7 - The Vista/7 drivers wont install on Windows 8 as it wont pass the security checks
    • Charging can only be done on mains power, and the machine will always switch itself on (even if its been turn off!) when you do so...

Will have to send this one back though - the wifi suddenly wont find any networks (and will switch the setting off after a scan)...

erico

Oh my, bad luck, sorry to hear you have to send it back.
Hopefully the next one comes fine.

Did you try any GLB on it?

MrTAToad

I tried one of my programs from the Play Store and it ran fine - haven't tried anything with the beta yet - haven't been able too what with the first having something behind the screen and the second Wifi problems...

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

It seemed to have been caused by a firmware update - according to website one was needed, but as usual the version format used online is different to that used by the device.  The only thing that changed was the inability to activate Wifi...
So back it does, and I wont bother next time...

Kitty Hello

Always a shame with these China tablets. They work great until you find the one thing that is broken by software. If you try to fix it, it's getting all worse, usually. 140,- sounds like a fair price, though.
How long did the battery last?

MrTAToad

The batter on this seems to last ages, probably around a day, even with playing games...