Main forum > Off Topic

Edx.org Harvard, MIT, and Berkley team up for new wave of education!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Hemlos:

--- Quote from: Slydog on 2012-Oct-17 ---Amazing, all this for free?  And no obligations?

--- End quote ---
None

--- Quote ---Those courses don't sound enticing enough yet, but if they offered something in graphics, either OpenGL, or even 3d modeling, PhotoShop, etc I may be interested. 

I suck at graphics and would love to learn some techniques for an artistically untalented person to create some simple, yet 'good looking' game graphics.

--- End quote ---

Me too, im in that boat also. Maybe someone in the forums can direct us to a good resource?

--- Quote ---The AI course *sounds* interesting, but the maths scare me!
--- End quote ---

You really need to know python at an expert level, so far, this seems most important.
Iim still a noob there in python. but the theories of Ai are all in lectures, and i am attempting to abosorb it all....free.

AmazingJas:
If u get through the AI module, feel free to make a complete list of the concepts one would need to know before really attempting it...then I'll have some homework.

AmazingJas:
I wish I'd completed a bit of a refresher on math before beginning the MITx course...Took me ages to work out the polynomial exercises this week because it's been 25 years since I last looked at one. Onto hangman now though...should be more familiar territory.

Hemlos:

--- Quote from: AmazingJas on 2012-Oct-18 ---I wish I'd completed a bit of a refresher on math before beginning the MITx course...Took me ages to work out the polynomial exercises this week because it's been 25 years since I last looked at one. Onto hangman now though...should be more familiar territory.

--- End quote ---

Ugh, i just finished pset03.q2, took about an hour to work out 7 lines of code.   :doubt:

Onto newtons method and hangman today.

Hemlos:
Hey slydog,

I think the Edx gods answered your prayers....Berkley just today has added a graphics course!

Interestingly enough, i think most of the lectures are already posted on Youtube(CS184 Channel)

Note: its free, anyone can sign up and try to earn a certificate from berkley at this link: http://www.edx.org

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F0pR-ANmXY

--- Quote ---CS184.1x teaches the Foundations of Computer Graphics

ABOUT THIS COURSE

CS184.1x teaches the Foundations of Computer Graphics. Students will make images of 3D scenes in real-time, and with offline raytracing. This course runs for 6 weeks and consists of four segments. Each segment includes an individual programming assignment:
Overview and Basic Math (Homework 0: 10% of grade)
Transformations (Homework 1: 20% of grade)
OpenGL and Lighting (Homework 2: 35% of grade)
Raytracing (Homework 3: 35% of grade)
This term, students who earn a total score of 50% or greater will have passed the course and may obtain a free honor code certificate from BerkeleyX.

PREREQUISITES

Solid C/C++ programming background (Java is ok too; you will pick up C++).
Access to a relatively up-to-date computer (Windows, Mac OSX or Linux)
Solid high school mathematics; a review of the relevant linear algebra is included in the first segment.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version