Author Topic: 3D and GLB  (Read 249 times)

Offline SnooPI

• Dr. Type
    • View Profile
Re: 3D and GLB
« Reply #15 on: 2020-Aug-01 »
Yes, and it could be interesting for the 3D game (or several because I like your idea of ​​making a Pong and a Frogger in 3D  :)).

-EDIT-
In addition, it will help to better understand how to use this very good library.
« Last Edit: 2020-Aug-01 by SnooPI »

Offline Qedo

• Dr. Type
  • UNUS SED LEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2020-Aug-01 »
to be "cross compatible" you must don't use X_SETSHADER (https://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=8211.msg69409#msg69409) for OpenglES (Android). for the rest it seems all right. Then you will need to test on Android and Html5 and there I see it hard

Offline SnooPI

• Dr. Type
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2020-Aug-02 »
You are right.
This is an important detail.

For Android, I would not do the tests myself because I am no longer developing for this platform at the moment.

Offline dreamerman

• Global Moderator
  • Dr. Type
    • View Profile
    • my personal website
« Reply #18 on: 2020-Aug-12 »
I'm not expert in 3d are of GLB, I mostly use it with 2d, but basic 3d in few situations are useful, if I would need to use advanced 3d and need to use Inline or something to achieve that it would be just more straight to use other tool that has needed features.

For tutorials You should use only pure GLB code (at least at start), to show all features and just to explain all concepts, for beginners using inline may be confusing in my opinion. But as addition in more advanced tutorials will give wiser possibilities.

eh.. I forgot that X_SetShader doesn't work on Android :>
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020