Some preliminary questions about GLBasic if you have time for them...

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonpsage

Hello All. I like Linux, but Have been coding DirectX Via other Game Engine Packages. Have a few questions:

What File Formats are supported? If you know where there is a bulleted list of this stuff I'll gladly go there ;)

I'm curious about 3d file formats, audio formats, if there are provisions for "3d-sound" where you can position listener and position sounds?

How do the coordinates work in 3d environment? Eular? Or something else?

I saw a coment about needing basic Algebra - are there helper functions to perform various 3d maths or do you need to do it all by hand so to speak?

What video cards are recommended for the OpenGL to work on Windows and Linux? Like basically one that I can get drivers for both OS and work reasonably well in both.

Thanx in Advance. I'm just trying to get more info than the features list presents on the home page - because it is rather generalized - which is good though - it got me in here asking for more info.

Also - How heavy/light is the compiled code? Pretty lean, fast and furious? Or do you need to really limit how much you have going on to keep the frame rates up?

Thanx in advance!
Jason

Kitty Hello

Basically, you can convert everything into GLBasic readable data. For gfx cards I recomend NVidia cards, as ATI drivers are not very good on linux (it's slowly changing, but Nvidia is still better)