Helpfile, list topics always gives "no topics found"

Previous topic - Next topic

BdR

In the helpfile, you can search using the third tab "Search". This used to work, but now the "list topics" button always displays "no topics found", no matter what keyword I try. Even keywords that I know should yield results, for example "3d" or "sprite" or "drawsprite". Some info on the file version I have:

GLBasic IDE v11.261
GLBasic_e.chm (filesize 635393 bytes, filedate 9-jan-2012)

And another thing, as I mentioned here, could someone maybe add a chapter to the helpfile about some of the tools? I'm new to the 3D parts of GLBasic and I've found that I have to rely on looking for clues in old forum posts. I was looking for info on Convert3D.exe, but info about the AC3D plug-in, DiNGSFont, shoebox etc. would be handy too. I think all the relevant info should be in one central place, so the helpfile would be perfect.

I know writing and updating the documentation is a lot of work, but it's very important for using GLBasic to its full potential. Is there a way we can contribute to the helpfile, maybe in a wiki-like setting? :good:

BdR

I downloaded the GLBasic v11.322 update and noticed that the .chm help files hadn't changed. I know it's not most important issue, but I just wanted to bring this to your attention again. See what I mean in screenshot below:

mentalthink

HI  BdR I think it's something wrong in your installation, I have 2 version the 10.x and the last update 11. and I can search anything...

Perhaps you put the 2 GLbasic in the same Path...
I have one in C:/
and another in Program Files and all runs Ok, except the things don't works yet, like HTML, and I'm not sure if somthing more...

spacefractal

Same issue happens here. I have two v11 betas installed in each own folder.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

Same with me.
But I never used that search.

edit:v10.x works fine though.

mentalthink

Something whit Windows?¿... I have x86, and for me this works fine!!!   :O

erico

I have both installations too.

On my v10.x it works fine.
On my v11 it dosen´t.

They are installed into different directories.
Program Files(x86)/glbasic
Program Files(x86)/glbasic_v11

Maybe it is because the beta is still betaing( :S)?

MrTAToad

I don't think Gernot has compiled the help file yet - the new commands aren't in there yet.

mentalthink

Sorry guys  :-[, I was confused whit the previus tab... I never use the last tab... or perhaps only a couple of times...
Sorry for the confusion...

Kitty Hello

The online help is up to date. Sorry, I forgot to pack into the beta.