Author Topic: Xcode OLDER  (Read 6847 times)

Offline PaLe

• Mr. Drawsprite
    • View Profile
Xcode OLDER
« on: 2010-Sep-11 »
hi, and sorry for my (terrible :shit:) English.

question: can i Compile iPHONE.app with this configuration ?
Xcode: 3.1.4

this is my first try for compile a GLB program for iPhone on my GF <3 MAC...but I receive the message
about an OLDER version of Xcode... anyway I choose to open iPhone.xcodeproj" for try it.

When compiling I have this message: There is no SDK with the name of path "iphoneos.3.0" and anyway You see that some .framework are tagged red.  O_O in the debugger mode...

so, I can fix it and continue the compiling or I can't do it?  :nw:

sorry for the photo but I no have ideas to take screenshot on MAC

PaLe

Offline PaLe

• Mr. Drawsprite
    • View Profile
Re: Xcode OLDER
« Reply #1 on: 2010-Sep-11 »
this is the photo... sry

[attachment deleted by admin]

MrTAToad

« Reply #2 on: 2010-Sep-11 »
I would update to the latest version of XCode for 10.5 - should solve that problem...

Offline PaLe

• Mr. Drawsprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-Sep-12 »
tks for the reply.

The Xcode version is 3.1.4. (xcode314_2809_developerdvd.dmg)
In the App.Devoloper site I don't find any newer version except the 3.2.x for the 10.6 OS and they write that there isn't compatibily with 10.5 ... or I wrong?

Maybe, I have to download the complete SDK ? and which is the correct one?

Ciao,

PaLe

Offline trucidare

• Administrator
  • Prof. Inline
  • Bachelor of Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-Sep-12 »
iPhone Developement needs at least 10.6.2 snow leopard and the xcode - iphone image from apple.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

MrTAToad

« Reply #5 on: 2010-Sep-12 »
You used to be able to do it with 10.5

Its possible the project was created with 10.6, which wouldn't be compatible with XCode in 10.5

Offline PaLe

• Mr. Drawsprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-Sep-12 »
The source of the project is generated with GLB IDE 8.078;

ok, probably this IDE is only compatible with OS 10.6, because I just seen that some framework aren't included in the Xcode Library Path(devoloper)... :blink:

In this case, I like to know if is possible that and older version of GLB generate a source.prj compatible with Xcode 3.1.4 on OS 10.5 leopard, just for try the application on iPhone.... otherwise...uhm... Do you think that it's a good solution buy an USED macMini with Snow Leopard ??? (christmas it's near...)

Offline Ian Price

• Administrator
  • Prof. Inline
  • On the shoulders of giants.
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #7 on: 2010-Sep-12 »
Can't you just upgrade your OS? Snow Leopard is only £25 on Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Snow+Leopard&x=18&y=16. I doubt you'd get a new Mac Mini for anywhere near that price.
I came. I saw. I played.

Offline PaLe

• Mr. Drawsprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-Sep-13 »
Can't you just upgrade your OS? Snow Leopard is only £25 on Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Snow+Leopard&x=18&y=16. I doubt you'd get a new Mac Mini for anywhere near that price.

I thought that it was not possible!!!   my gf told me that isn't possible to upgrade the Mac... if is REALLY possible I think to make a gift for her (and ME :happy:) !!!

THANKS Ian!!!

Offline PaLe

• Mr. Drawsprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-Sep-28 »
 :'(

...maybe I need a TUTORIAL....

I Upgrade OSX to 10.6 SnowLeopard, installed Xcode 3.2.4, but I still receive the same MESSAGE.

in my last tryes I Compiled (in Parallels) various My examples (5 simple, 1 normal) using the last GLB sdk 8.085 and a pair using the previous 8.078 but for each project I have the same problem.

What I do Wrong???

Paolo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Ian Price

• Administrator
  • Prof. Inline
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #10 on: 2010-Sep-28 »
That's not the same message as you had before, and I have explained clearly how to fix this in another thread - http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=5092.msg39390#msg39390

but the basics are -

Once XCode is installed -
Go to Project > Edit Active Target "iPhone" > Base SDK and set IOS Device  to your current OS number (It'll probably show "3.xx Missing") - changed mine to 4.1 (the current update for iPod Touch). Exit then click where it says Base SDK Missing and click on Release. This works everytime for me.
:)
I came. I saw. I played.

Offline Kitty Hello

• code monkey
  • Administrator
  • Prof. Inline
  • here on my island the sea says 'hello'
    • View Profile
    • http://www.glbasic.com
« Reply #11 on: 2010-Sep-28 »
I had the impression, that I have to set the SDK and code signing profile in >>Edit Active Target "iPhone"<<, as well as >>Edit Project<< (or so, the menu item above the target).

Please check both. I have no idea what's the difference, though.

Offline Ian Price

• Administrator
  • Prof. Inline
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #12 on: 2010-Sep-28 »
Nope. I've always done it this way and it works perfectly.
I came. I saw. I played.

Offline PaLe

• Mr. Drawsprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-Sep-28 »
That's not the same message as you had before, and I have explained clearly how to fix this in another thread - http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=5092.msg39390#msg39390

but the basics are -

Once XCode is installed -
Go to Project > Edit Active Target "iPhone" > Base SDK and set IOS Device  to your current OS number (It'll probably show "3.xx Missing") - changed mine to 4.1 (the current update for iPod Touch). Exit then click where it says Base SDK Missing and click on Release. This works everytime for me.
:)

tks for reply, i'm looking at your previously thread...and also at "mobiforge"... to learn ...
uhm, my iOS is 3.1.3... can I continue to DEV ???

I had the impression, that I have to set the SDK and code signing profile in >>Edit Active Target "iPhone"<<, as well as >>Edit Project<< (or so, the menu item above the target).

Please check both. I have no idea what's the difference, though.

tks Kitty... I'll try...

Offline Ian Price

• Administrator
  • Prof. Inline
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #14 on: 2010-Sep-28 »
You'll need to update your iPhod to the latest OS by the look of things. Maybe changing the iOS setting to a lower value might work for you. Try it and see.
I came. I saw. I played.