Little bug on last Upate (GP2X WIZ)

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Hi I tried a simple code, only a graphics moving across the screen, but on Gpx2 Wiz, when you move the sprite this make a little pause,and after continue.

Someone occurs the same.

Gernnot can fix.

Thanks.
Best Regards Iván J.

P:S: I do the same code in earlier version and the pause donÃ,´t occurs.

Moru

Might want to post as simple version of the code as possible so all Gernot needs to do is compile and run to see the error. Include datafiles if they are needed :-)

mentalthink

HI, here a simple code about the trouble what I was commented.

SETSCREEN 320,240, TRUE

SETCURRENTDIR("Media") // seperate media and binaries?
LOADSPRITE "bkg1_01.png",1  //note bkg are 1800PX but in other version GP2X accepts to 3600px, not is problem about measure of bkg
LOADSPRITE "bkg1_02.png",2  //note bkg are 1800PX

WHILE TRUE

a=a+3
   DRAWSPRITE 1,0-a,0
   DRAWSPRITE 1,1800-a,0

SHOWSCREEN
   WEND

I tried some codes and always occurs the same, every 3 or 4 seconds (approx), a little stop on screen.
I make probes with other versions and this same code go well, I think is trouble of the last Version, perhaps a litle imcopatibilty with the last firmware.

The probe has under win and under Virtual Box, and the result at the same.

About the size of bkg... I make other probe only with a one graphic(too much little, about 80x80 px) and the same problems occcurs.

MrTAToad

Try using LIMITFPS -1 at the start of the program, and compile for release, not debug mode.

mentalthink

HI, MrTatoad, I probe your comment, and go well, but the game turn a little crazy. Very speddest...

I probe too limitfps 60 but the result is the same that before, a little pause.

I donÃ,´t undesrtand very well what you saidme,
...program, and compile for release, not debug mode.

do you refer to Iphone?Ã,¿, because the trouble is on Gp2xWIZ.

Again thanks for you quick and good answer.

Best Regards, Iván J.

MrTAToad

You can compile all platforms in debug or release mode.  Debug mode would have all the debug information in, whilst release mode doesn't - and thus would be faster (this is especially true if you use DEBUG statements in a loop).

Its also best not do movement in fixed steps - make it based on time/processor speed and it should be a bit better.

Moru

Hmm, I thought only the windows version would get compiled in debug mode, the others don't support debugging anyway and will be compiled in release mode automaticly.

Steinbock

The same on my WIZ.
Two seconds the sprite moves then one second pause. Spritesize 48x48.
Other GLB versions worked well.
Time will come. It's just a matter of time...

Ozden79

Don't know if it's related with this one but I see something similar when I run a MAC build. I run it on a snow leopard and it seems that in a second or something, the game stucks for a while and than draws all the frames it couldn't do since the stuck time quickly into the screen one after another.

Ãâ€"zden

Kitty Hello

OK, there is a big bug in my code. I'll try to fix it ASAP.

[edit]
Is it fixed now? Should.

Steinbock

Thank you! Now it works again with V7.250 :good:
Time will come. It's just a matter of time...