Parallels on Mac and GL Basic

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

This is not a bug but more a tip for us non regular Mac users which should save quite a lot of reboot time

I know there is a Mac IDE being worked on but I can fully recommend using Parallels to run windows while running OSX. There is a very nice mode called coherence that runs windows in the back ground but opens the active windows program on the Mac desktop. Very nice for opening the GLBasic IDE, compiling the code, testing it as a PC exe, then compile the iPhone version, open it in xcode and run on the device, all from OSX.

I admit I got the Mac Mini just to compile iPhone code written in GLBasic, but the more I explore the actual Mac OS the more I am warming to some of the features and starting to use OSX more and more as an operating system

MrTAToad

There is also VirtualBox too - thats free

Qube

I've been using parallels with GLB since coming across GLB and love it (both parallels and GLB).

I don't use coherence mode though as I find full screen mode switching doesn't play too well in that mode, I prefer to toggle between two virtual desktops with CMD+1 & 2. It's pretty good flicking between XP and OSX with a couple of key presses  :)

Gary

Quote from: Qube on 2010-Sep-21
I've been using parallels with GLB since coming across GLB and love it (both parallels and GLB).

I don't use coherence mode though as I find full screen mode switching doesn't play too well in that mode, I prefer to toggle between two virtual desktops with CMD+1 & 2. It's pretty good flicking between XP and OSX with a couple of key presses  :)

Ooo something else I have learnt on the Mac, cheers for that

Wampus

Ooh good idea. Using Boot Camp to flip between WinXP and OSX just to test out a minor change to an iPhone app is so tedious.