Update not working

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Apologies if this is elsewhere but i cant see anything via search

having taken a brief break from GLBasic to cross to the dark side (I had to use BlitzMAX for a PC project as the hardware board I was using only had a plug in for Blitz :( ) I have come back to find a nice suprise in v8.

I tried to update from 7.34100 to 8.0000 on 2 computers now (one at work, one at home) and both give this error after clicking start update from the update manager

Runtime Error
Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\Update_E.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information

One of the computers is Windows 7 64 Bit, the other is windows XP 32bit

Anyone else had this problem and any ideas how to fix it?

Regards
Gary

MrTAToad

I suspect everyone will need to download the version from the Downloads part of the main site.

Most likely the update information isn't compatible with V7, causing the crash - although a warning message would be better :)

Anyhoo, uninstall V7 if need be, download from Downloads and install and all should be fine.

BdR

I had the same problem, I hadn't updates GLBasic in a while and when I manually checked for an update I got this message with yes/no
QuoteA new Internet-Update is available
Do you want to install it?
web: 8.00000 > hdd: 7.34100
And then when I started the update it only gets this far:
QuoteCurrent Version:
Opening Internet-Connection
Opening Info-File
Reading Update Information
Version:
Opening Update-File
Installing Update
and then it shows a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" dialog with a "Runtime Error!"

But it was solved by uninstalling GLBasic, downloading the current version from the website and installing it. I didn't even have to re-enter the license key. :)

btw oddly enough, when I uninstalled, the uninstall dialog said a different version "GLBasic SKD V.7.115 Uninstall" but maybe that was the version that I originally installed, I did run all of the updates up until 7.341.

And another (minor) side note, the GLBasic SDK V8.078 install executable defaults to the german language instead of english, not sure if that's supposed to be like that?

Leginus

This is because GLBasic is such a fast development language, it is only fair to all the other languages that we have a minor handicap to slow us down a little bit, to give them a fighting chance of keeping up  :nana:

MrTAToad

QuoteAnd another (minor) side note, the GLBasic SDK V8.078 install executable defaults to the german language instead of english, not sure if that's supposed to be like that?
It doesn't detect which language your computer uses, so it uses the first in the list.

It might actually be worth adding in French language text at some point :)

Kitty Hello

Je nais se par.

MrTAToad

Vous auriez besoin de quelqu'un qui pourrait convertir le texte en Français précis.

Ce qui ne serait pas moi, comme j'emploie Babelfish...

Kitty Hello

The only thing I understood was "Babelfish" and "..."

MrTAToad

Dont worry - all I was saying is that the message was converted using Babelfish and wouldn't be grammatically correct.