sendmail anyone ?!

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmor

before i go to start for writing myown sendmail routine i will ask if anyone has do this allready?

MrTAToad

I dont think so!

Marmor

and multiplattform with opensource  :-* :happy:

MrTAToad

No - I did find some C code to do it ages ago, but I cant remember where now unfortunately.

Marmor

ok i wait for the others ;)

Moru

Mabe you can tell us exactly what you want to use it for? Mabe there is easier ways to do it? :-)

Marmor

i will send a mail with glb on all plattforms . No dll no api, only GLB code with maybe some inline call if this will work on all devices.
if it possible with auth. since freemailer blocked from serious email provider

Moru

You don't need anything fancy inline or otherwise for sending mail. Just a plain tcp-port open to the mailserver. The problems comes up when you try to send to some hosts that is doing different types of spam-filtering like gray-filtering or what it was called. That will deny the first try and then you have to do another attempt later again from the same host.

Also if you try to just send the mail over your own mailserver (smtp-server) you will give away username and password in your application. The easiest solution is to use the sendmail function from PHP and just access that over http with glbasic. Sendmail takes care of all the problems you can run into and keeps your passwords safe.

Marmor

ah php maybe a solution  also  thx

Kitty Hello

why not write a temp HTML file and open that with SHELLCMD?

Moru

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Jan-24
why not write a temp HTML file and open that with SHELLCMD?

because :-)

Quoteand multiplattform with opensource

Kitty Hello

You can open a html document multiplaform. I mean - you're not wanting to send an email from a Wiz, do you?

Moru

But how does a local html-page send an email?

backslider

Maybe Javascript? :P