V11 beta

Previous topic - Next topic

Hark0

About Beta 11 (second version after HDD crash)...

Include now the fix made by @Dacarsoft?

Estimated date of release this version?

TIA, Hark0
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

MrTAToad

I think Gernot is getting the code back together, but it's not going to be quick...

Crivens

Ah yeah after playing a bit of catchup I eventually read about the HDD crash.

Hate it when that happens. Thing is you don't really do too much backup until you have a major failure. It happened to me about a decade ago and I lost a lot of good work. Since then I am like super paranoid and backup to loads of devices, both local and online (my virus killer auto backs up all my 7z encrypted with a password files every day as well as a manual backup to Box) everyday with more physical media (DVD-RW, DVD-W) once a month or so. I suppose these automatic systems like Apple time machine might be another idea I just prefer to be more hands on.

Can never be too careful really! Hmm, perhaps investing in backup tape systems like we use on our Unix systems at work is an idea.... Heh, I remember my wife saying where she worked in HP they used to have recommendations of not having your backup storage within 25 miles I think it was of the actual data. I'm guessing nuclear war paranoia. :) Ok, perhaps taking it one level too far there!

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

mentalthink

HI I found a little problem in the V11 , whit you press Crtl and F6, you have to change the Tab... for me not works, but if I do it whit the contextual menu, works...

mentalthink

I´m not sure about this it´s a problem or a bug... but when you use the ("Split Screen", Tile Mode), I think this it´s very helpfull for work  :good: , when you restart the IDE, don´t retain the position of code Viewports...

mentalthink

HI this it´s not important, but I think comes from the first version... I think no too much people uses, at leat I, don´t use never, but...

When you say Pack And Go, the language it´s in Deutsch ... (I´m use English Vesion ,  :whistle:)

Hemlos

Hey gernot, could you put these resoluitions in the drop list too, if not difficult:

HD
1920x1080
1280x720
1280x768

Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

mentalthink

In the v10, this don´t works... but I think can be usefull...

When you make a copy paste whit a .ddd .png or .wav, automatically the IDE appears the path and name... Gernnot can add .jpg, .mp3 .ogg , mp3 I don´t look very important, but .jpg, I think can be helpfullly for not write names... (for more speed basically).

MrTAToad

Might be worth putting these problems in the Bug Report section...

mentalthink

MrT, not it´s this the correct thread for put all about the eleven?¿...
Where it´s the bug for eleven thread... I search, but my eyes don´t looks =?  :blink:

MrTAToad

The problem is that bug reports may be hard to find in this topic :)

spacefractal

how goes for the next beta? Is all code been restructed from the hd crash, so we can see a second beta release? Again no worry to been fast from mine side, so no stress. Sorry elsewise if this post threat as that. You still do a lots of great work.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

spicypixel

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2012-Jun-22
The program is that bug reports may be hard to find in this topic :)

True but as its a Beta thread, what other info should be put in here if not concerning v11 Mr T?
http://www.spicypixel.net | http://www.facebook.com/SpicyPixel.NET

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

MrTAToad

I wondering if the Bugs Section should be split into two - one for the release and one for betas

mentalthink

me too!!!, you have all reason, I think find the errors in the Forum can be a Kaos...