Update

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert

I find a problem with the update, whenever I use strecthanim, I got a magenta outline (the transparent color) where I'm using drawanim, everything is ok.

the sprites that walking to the right are drawn with DRAWANIM, the one with the santa-hat is drawn with STRETCHANIM, also the bucket on the top stretched with STRETCHANIM.

ampos

Do not use magenta, just create them as PNGs with transparency.
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

MrTAToad

Or use SETTRANSPARENCY

Albert

PNG with transparency won't work on some reaqson (don't remember why) But I definitely remember, that this worked a few weeks ago, and now it's wrong.

MrTAToad

Are you using SMOOTHSHADING ?

erico

Strangely, I use drawanim and get the magenta outline too.
When smoothshading false, they go away.

Luckly I want it false, no interpolation.

Another thing is that I used grab sprite/zoomsprite to upscale 2x my screen while testing things, and probably will use something like that on final release for desktops, original res is 320x240. Even with smoothshading off, there are some antialiase going on, very little, but noticeble, no sharp blocks.

Ruidesco

It's normal that you get magenta outlines if you resize something with smoothshading, because the colours of the sprite border will mix with the magenta background and create something that is not (255,0,128) therefore displayable.

If smoothshading is a must then the sprites must have a transparent background instead of a magenta one.

erico

mine are png with transparencies, I don´t use the magenta way.
But an outline shows up.

Wampus

I'm late to this party but I thought I'd try updating to the new version on another machine to see what the issues were. I can confirm that any sprite or polyvector operations that use textures with transparent areas have the same problem. If smoothshading is on and scaling or rotation are used then I'm seeing unusual edges. Anything other than a 1 to 1 texture mapping seems to do it. Curious.

[attachment deleted by admin]

MrTAToad

Its probably due to anti-aliasing...

Falstaff

I'm also noticing weirdness, with my game it's more noticeable with the fonts. I created them with the font tool, and used GIMP to turn them into transparent background pngs. Unfortunately while it looked fine in previous versions, after the update it's looking "off" somehow, around the edges of the letters. Doesn't look pretty.. I'm probably going to have to go back to the old version until something is done..

Kitty Hello

Kitty Hello

Falstaff - please send me a tiny example project that worked before, but has the red outline now.

Minion

Speaking of the update, I finally got round to updateing here. Sadly, 1 feature I did love has gone AWOL :( When I click on compile for multi platform (Shift+F8) It used to pop up with the last selected platform so all I had to do is hit enter. Now it doesnt select anything and I have to use the mosue to select the platform Im compiling too. Any chance of getting it reinstated ?

Kitty Hello

Huh!? The selection should be stored. Can someone confirm this?