Shoot Em Up - Video

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Here's a small video showing you a shoot em up game from scratch within a few minutes.
http://www.glbasic.com/files/shump-tut.wmv

planetm

Excellent stuff, another example of just how quick and easy it is to get something up an running in glbasic.

Demonstrates why (as a total amateur)  I've got more done in glbasic in a few months than several years with some other packages. Thanks Gernot.

Hb!

Making a video that shows  how to make a game is a great idea i like it , 'cause im merely learning, and i would like to understand completely this program , but one question, could you please make a tutorial for a fighting game?  because thats the type of game i wanna make .... by the way full screen  mode for running is only available  for registered users right?

Kitty Hello

What kind of fighting game? Like International Karate (C64)? Or Tekken?

BumbleBee

Quote from: Hb!because thats the type of game i wanna make
You want to make a fighting game? You'd better start with a small project.:D A large project at the beginning of your programmer career is the wrong way if you  don't know anything  about (GLBasic) programming. :D Have you read the GLBasic help? There's a Pong example. Pong is the best way to learn game programming.;)

Quote from: Hb!by the way full screen  mode for running is only available  for registered users right?
As far as i know...i don't know.;)

Cheers
The day will come...

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570k, 3.4GHz, AMD Radeon 7800 , 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home 64Bit

Hb!

i was thinking in a game like the king of fighters, 2d platform , and yes i know it Bumblebee it its a  very  ambitious proyect,  ive read a good part of the help menu i already know some comands like loadsprite, loadbmp, print, etc.  i know that making a fighting game is hard, thats why ill go step by step, ill be patient , i think that if i try hard ill have that game on my hands in one or two years, umm youre right ill search that pong game and look the structure it has.....(please forgive my bad english im not an english speaker......)

BumbleBee

Hi

You can write small games in less than 2 hours.:D Because GLBasic is easy in comparison with  C++. Character design is hard work.:D  

Quote from: Hb!(please forgive my bad english im not an english speaker......)
That's good.
 Sorry for my english. I usually speak german.:D

Cheers
The day will come...

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570k, 3.4GHz, AMD Radeon 7800 , 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home 64Bit

Hb!

some people is going to help me....  some of them are programers...  they use c++ ,but, i think theres no problem right? considering, that theres a comand, that makes posible for gl to read that kinda code am i right? an yes i know .. its hard work... but my will is made of pure steel.....