HP To Shut Down WebOS Operations

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

Apparently UK will be £89 and £115 for 16Gb and 32GB respectively.
I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

Ooh, really? Where did you hear that? And where and when will it be selling at that price?

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Kitty Hello

The HP site is down. There's such a run on these devices now. Every single procuced item will be sold within next week.
Now guess  - what if that was "only" a marketing strategy to push the device into the market?

MrTAToad

Would be nice - but I doubt it!

okee

QuoteApparently UK will be £89 and £115 for 16Gb and 32GB respectively.

I found this from a PC World / Currys rep in Ireland
Probably the same for the UK

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056319116&page=10
QuoteHere's the update. The good news is that we will be pricing the product at € 99.99 from tomorrow morning. The bad news is that there is not a lot of product available, neither in our stores nor in the central warehouse. Store stock in general is 5 to 6 units. And they're won't be more coming in.

I'll post later the stores in which stock is available. Not all stores were ranged for the Touch Pad so no point in sending you somewhere where there is no product.

I won't do a reservation list as there will be too many disapponited people. I'm also advising stores not to do a reservation list either for only a couple of units. That's just going to create a lot of unnecessaty stress for people.

So the drill is that we'll have the product for sale first thing in the morning at € 99.99 for the first people in the queue outside the relevant stores. They open at 10.00 and I'll post which stores later.

Stocks are limited though
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

Kitty Hello

German HP site says: "sold out". Though my (always breaking) session still has one in the cart. Oh pleaaaase.

erico

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Aug-22
What if that was "only" a marketing strategy to push the device into the market?

Oh mine, within my sam-peckinpah-conspirary mind I did not think of that. It would be unique...but unlikely.

Ian Price

Currys and PCWorld have confirmed the prices I quoted earlier £89 and £115. Interestingly there is now a 64GB white TP available as well - no prices announced so far.
I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

PCWorld? Do you mean actually going to their store or actually online (special discount code or something?)? There is one near here which is a massive pain in rush hour but worth it for a bargain I guess. Much easier online obviously...

Cheers

Ian Price

Whichever method you choose is likely to cause frustration and disappointment. It's your choice, but I'll be trying BOTH!! :P
I came. I saw. I played.

Marmor

i need onei f anyone can buy please remember me ! no luck with the stores here

Crivens

Strange, getting a bit like Ebay bidding now. Couldn't give a monkeys a week ago (waiting for rumoured Retina iPads) and now it's like rabid mad rush to get one...

Cheers

trucidare

HP Pre3: 79 Euro
HP Veer: 59 Euro
HP Touchpad mit 16 GByte: 99 Euro
HP Touchpad mit 32 GByte: 129 Euro
HP Touchpad mit 64 GByte: 179 Euro
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

Marmor

welche seite hiro überall down !!!

trucidare

Hab ich nur gelesen gerade, versuch immernoch bei HP draufzukommen