Can`t run a game

Previous topic - Next topic

PavelWide

When I press F5 I see a black window on 1 second and no more. What`s the problem?

Ian Price

Are you sure that your game is -

1. Running in a loop? Ensure that you are using WHILE/WEND etc. creating a loop until condition is met
2. Loading media? Are you sure you're media is being loaded? Wouldn't normally exit for this reason though.
3. Not exiting after an error. This is a very possible reason for premature exit What does the error console say at the bottom of the IDE screen? Check for out of bounds errors (eg calling a value in an array that is larger than the array)
4. Is your exit condition being met immediately?

Is it possible for you to post the source code so we can see for ourselves?

I came. I saw. I played.

PavelWide

source code is sample  "bloks". Every one is not running. I think truble with mine windows XP, but i don't understand waths wrong.

Ian Price

I've just run the "Blocks" game from the Samples/Projects folder and it worked fine, without having to alter anything. I'd never actually run it before and completed the picture for Level 1. It's a bette than average Tetris variant.

It's difficult to know where your problem lies, as the information you gave is limited. Do you get an error message?
I came. I saw. I played.

PavelWide

no any messages. I see black window on 1 second.  I try change options: full screen. But all mine screen is black on 1 second and no more again.

Ian Price

Are you using the latest version of GLBasic? Make sure that it's fully up-to-date. It definitely works on my Windows 7 laptop.

Have you placed GLB in a directory containing non-US characters? If so, that could be the problem.
I came. I saw. I played.

PavelWide

=D , truble id non-US characters.  thank you!!!

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.