Reggie World ( Pandora , PC )

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Yep, I still have it too. Why not upload the images to the board? That way they won´t get lost in the future in case the host disappears.

nabz32

That the way i will do it from now on, easter then up Loading it to an external server anyways.

mentalthink

I see the video and like me a lot... The graphics is a bit like in the 90's but are really cool, you are doing a very big project.... Very very nice all I see... Continue it, I think is a very good game done in GLbasic, the best I see in 3d for now... I think you are the only guy doing serious 3d in the forum...

Slydog

I agree - great video!  Can't wait to play this game, it is a great showcase for what can be done in GLBasic!
I tried my 3D maze game in GLBasic years back but gave up, and moved it to Unity.

I still like dropping by the forums here though to see what's happening, and what people are creating.
Your source code must be well organized and modular to create something this complex!
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Kitty Hello

Amazing. Can I use screenshots of this game to promote GLBasic?

nabz32

Sorry for the late reply, I just installed GLBasic  v15,
compiled my code without problems.

I finished my bachelors thesis this year and now I have a job as a software engineer,

also I could become a father in about 7 months, if all goes well.

Of course you can take screenshots to promote glbasic, kitty hello.

Just posting here so you know that I am back on this project, really missed working on this and
doing some conversation with you guys.

r0ber7

Quote from: nabz32 on 2018-Oct-13
Sorry for the late reply, I just installed GLBasic  v15,
compiled my code without problems.

I finished my bachelors thesis this year and now I have a job as a software engineer,

also I could become a father in about 7 months, if all goes well.

Of course you can take screenshots to promote glbasic, kitty hello.

Just posting here so you know that I am back on this project, really missed working on this and
doing some conversation with you guys.

Congratulations. :) I hope all goes well with the pregnancy.  :good:

nabz32

Thanks,  :)
I hope so too .

nabz32

Hi,
my wife and I got a beautiful daughter and things finally start to calm down here.

I would love to continue with this project, but I have a few questions.

-Currently I am on Mac, how well is compiling for Mac working in the new Version?
-Is it still possible to compile for Pandora?
-Will there be support for the Pyra?
-Any improvements made on the compile for Android frontline?
-Is the new version steam only, or is there a standalone version too?

Kind regards.

Kitty Hello

Hi,
congratulations to the new life on earth. Well done.
The current version is STEAM, only. The pandora is not directly supported. I think of giving a c++ library to you, so you can pompile for any toher platform.
Does the Pyra exist, already?

nabz32

Thanks Gernot.

The Pyra does not exist yet,
I just preordered one and was curious about it.
I could compile the c++ library for different platforms indeed.
(Though it has been almost a year since I last did a commercial project in C++)
If the IDE does not run on Mac, I could just develop under windows using bootcamp.

Thanks for the fast reply

spacefractal

Wow there is a lots of drame with Pyra that today looks quite outdated and very pricy. Preorder started for 3-4 years ago and has not devived yet. That why im dont preorder thing, when you dont know the release days.

But congratulation with the baby.

But in the way, im recently added ChromeBook support (those that can run Android apps).

We cant support Mac and ios anymore. The reason? Apple has dropped OpenGL support! Except if there exists a Metal wrapper that is not insane pricy. The best bet is still see a good html5/javascript port as a alternative.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Congrats Nabz!

Also Android compile is working well using Android Studio for Windows :)

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

nabz32

Apple dropped OpenGL Support?
That is insane 😩

I think I will buy the Steam version next month and just use bootcamp.

I preordered the pyra only a month ago,
just preordering it for collector purposes.

I hope that i can be more active in the coming month.
Thanks for the explanations and the gratulations

spacefractal

Apple depreacted it about 2 years ago. Its still works throught. Not sure you dtill can compile it from xcode today. Im cant help here anymore.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/