How good is Fez!

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Well - i decided to buy Fez on the Xbox 360
All I can say is wow! Its an experience! I enjoyed Limbo and and its dark atmosphere, but Fez is a stunning piece of art.
The excellent music and the feeling you get while playing it is really cool. =D

I got the missus to try it and she doesnt normally play games but she loved Fez!

Its a shame that Fez 2 fell flat...

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

okee

I bought it on the X Box there a while back and played it for a bit but didn't get
a chance to fully play through it, it looked really great also the music is nice and relaxing.
Limbo is amazing, one of my favourite games, it's like game meets art meets cinema

I've gotten tired of AAA games, prefer Indie games these days, more interesting gameplay

Currently playing VVVVVV which is great, madly difficult in places but great fun
Also gives some hope for us coders who have no art skills  =D
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

erico

Tried fez demo a long time ago on an xbox.

It is great, but I was put off by brazilian localisation on texts, that is a NO to me, I could not make it work in english, then I didn´t bother.
I sure will try to pick it up on a promotion for PC if I stumble into any.

spacefractal

im do diddent play FEZ that much, but works nicelly and play well on PC and nice ideas really. Im thinks im brought its from gog.com.

for VVVVVV, there is a VERY good player on youtube in "games done quick". Yes its a great game (which im also completed to) and with very great chip music. Someone ported it to C64 (but with music taken from Driller), but im not sure its ever got released.

And yes Limbo is a nice danish game (so yes im heard a lots of that, since im is from Denmark), You should also tryout Braid as well, which is a very cool platform puzzler game.

Im did also enjoyed playing "Brothers - Tales of two sons", but remember to play that game with Joypad, not on keyboard. That is due a great story moment somewhere in the game, which im thinks would simply just not works when playing on keyboard.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

mentalthink

I don't try yet, I think in steam cost now about 2E (I'm not sure)

MrPlow

Defo gonna check out VVVVV too.

I loved Limbo too but after seeing the Indie Game movie I was delighted the Fez game was great after all the hell he went through.

Limbo is great gameplay and atmosphere but Fez evokes a feelgood factor and oozes with quality...Parts of it are like separate mini games in how the mechanics work.

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

bigsofty

Fez was a lot of fun but I found that the free roam aspect became a little overwhelming, there were so many levels exposed that a simply forget where I was supposed to be going. The 2D/3D flips didn't help this feeling. On the plus side, it's actually a great local PC multiplayer game, a LOT of fun with freinds.

Brothers -TOTS, great game, love the interaction between the characters and the story telling is sublime.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)