HP To Shut Down WebOS Operations

Previous topic - Next topic

Crivens

...And now it looks like Staples doesn't even list it any more. On the plus side you can get a touchstone from them for a really good price.

...Sigh....

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Crivens

Now the question is do you buy from Play and hope (like hell) that they honour a price fall (assuming they do one)?...

Cheers

bigsofty

Ooh I don't know, it may be worth the risk, I know in the U.S. HP are offering refunds for customers who bought at full price but I can't find similar info here?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Moebius

Down here in Australia, Harvey Norman sold all of the 6000 touchpads in stock in 1 hr 40 mins....
Endless Loop: n., see Loop, Endless.
Loop, Endless: n., see Endless Loop.
- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary

bigsofty

Dabs.com had some, added to box, time I registered it was out of stock!  :rant:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Crivens

Damn, was keeping an eye on them but an emergency at work took my eye off the ball...

And it looks like their site is running like a dog, plus I don't think they are stocking it anymore.

Cheers

Ian Price

Rumours are circulating that Staples have actually cancelled ALL orders from today.

I've heard nothing one way or the another. I'm hoping for the best, but fearing the worst.
I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

Think we should have actually gone to the stores...

As a heads up the Misco site is no longer responding. It was fine about an hour ago with £400+ prices...

Oh and Pixmania hid the stock for a bit and now they are showing temporarily out of stock (until the end of time I would imagine).

Cheers

Millerszone

Hardware: iMac 27", MacBook Air, PC 3.5Ghz Quad
Developing Tools: GLBasic SDK, Gideros Studio, PureBasic
Developing for: iOS, Android, Windows, OS X, webOS, HTML5

Crivens

Yeah  I saw that. Just thought it would be US only...

Interestingly Pre3 is supposed to be about £49. Annoying since I thought I had a heck of a deal for £130 for a Pre2 a few months ago... grumble...

Cheers

bigsofty

Cool.  ;)

Argos still has them in stock at old price, maybe one to watch.
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

Crivens

Amazon had the 16gb climb to about £410 and now has plummeted to £249. Don't know what's up with that. Pre-firesale slashing?

Also Misco. Online reports said it was getting stock in and the site has been unresponsive for the last couple of hours.

Cheers

Crivens

okee

Do you know anyone in the US that can buy it for you ?
I have a link to a site in the US, their stock had about 5000
yesterday and this morning 32gb for 149, dropped today to
790 now 688. I got a friend to order one for me and he seems
to think it went through ok.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

bigsofty

Ah, nice article there, handy, thank you.  ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)