Real Keep ups , my next game

Previous topic - Next topic

blackway

Hi to all!
I'd like to share with you my upcoming next game for Iphone (It's waiting for review right now)... :P
It's just another "keep it ups" game but you have to use your finger to control your leg instead of hitting the ball.

Thanks to Glbasic users and Gernot !
Hope you like it!

matchy

Thanks for sharing.

The graphics are nice but look like a boring game.  :bed:

blackway

Quote from: matchy on 2011-May-24
Thanks for sharing.

The graphics are nice but look like a boring game.  :bed:

Hi Matchy, thanks for your honesty....
You know, It's just a keep it ups game, but I think that could be a little less boring if you play it instead of watching a gameplay video  ;)

Bye!

Crivens

I quite like the looks of it really. Is it using proper physics code (box2d?) to create a more realistic feel?

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

blackway

Quote from: Crivens on 2011-May-24
I quite like the looks of it really. Is it using proper physics code (box2d?) to create a more realistic feel?

Cheers
Thanks Crivens!

I really tried to use box2d for a realistic behavior but I didn't got good results :( so I made my own physics stuff  :P
I guess that I need to improve that, but later!  =D

Cheers

Slydog

Looks good.

If you're looking to add more features you could add power-ups in the air, such us slowing down / speeding up, gravity, time bonus +/-, points, multi-ball, ball/shoe size, etc, or obstacles in the air to offer different game play.
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

blackway

Quote from: Slydog on 2011-May-24
Looks good.

If you're looking to add more features you could add power-ups in the air, such us slowing down / speeding up, gravity, time bonus +/-, points, multi-ball, ball/shoe size, etc, or obstacles in the air to offer different game play.

Thanks Slydog....
Obstacles in the air sounds pretty good!
Thanks for your ideas!

quangdx

Looks good.

My vote for multiball.
Asobi tech - the science of play.
Spare time indiegame developer.

blackway

Quote from: quangdx on 2011-May-24
Looks good.

My vote for multiball.

What do you think about multiball but mixing diferents balls? (tennis ball, soccer ball, paper ball?  :P )
Do you think that I must disable collisions between balls?
Thanks!

Slydog

I like the different ball styles idea.  (how about football ha! (err. dang mult-cultural world!  football as in the ball shaped like Stewie's head from Family Guy!, not the soccer ball))

Your ball size is about 1/4 of the screen width, and that may be too large for multiple balls.
So I would either make the balls smaller (1/2 the current size?), or allow them to pass through each other.
Or keep them the same size and allow a taller (and/or wider?) play area that scrolls up/down, but that may be difficult to know what portion of the play area to show at any given time (one that always shows the ball closest to the ground?)

Having them interact with each other would be more fun if it were me, and could add more game play such as intentionally bouncing them off of each other to active a power-up or something..
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Kitty Hello

Nice idea! Think of some improvements:

-combo bonus points (3x Knee, 3xFoot, Foot-Knee-Foot-Knee-Foot ...)
-Add flying birds to the scene that you can kick with the ball.
-Insects that crawl on the floor that you can stomp on? (evil?)
-Different balls (football, tennis ball, golf ball(footbag?), rugby egg)

quangdx

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-May-25

The combo and bird suggestions remind me of the footbag event in California games.
Looks like this could become a great game with some tweaking and additions.
Asobi tech - the science of play.
Spare time indiegame developer.

blackway

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-May-25

You guys gave me a lot of ideas!
I don't know about birds and insects... I think isn't a good idea to kill anybody, isn't it?   :P

I have a lot of work to improve the game using your ideas, but I'm a bit disappointed about App Store...
I think I'll wait the firsts weeks to see If sell good or not....
Sell good is about 200 copies sold in one week, what do you think?

Cheers....

djtoon

well i dont get 200 copy's a week with pirate blocx :(

PR is the key and PR cost's money :(

erico

I thing a good selling number would be from 300 to 600 per month... if it´s possible.