?Topic on Save?

Previous topic - Next topic

JonVelop

Hello there,
I once read in the forum about Save [...] and more.
Now I no longer find the time, however, and want a topic about Save
do how to do best, is like the easiest.
Someone knows what?

MrTAToad

As in saving data in your program ?  There are many ways of doing it, all depending on what type of program you are writing...

The easiest is writing to an INI file, but data can be easily modified.  The best way would be to store as binary data (possibly compressed).

JonVelop

I mean a checkpoint when you put a certain ranges has or what is stored and made you as you can go when you reboot.
So I think what would be the best way?

MrTAToad

Would be best to save what you want as quickly as possible, so saving as data would be best, preferably storing as much information as possible in each byte - or perhaps using some compression system.

So, if you have a lot of data that is the same, you could use a RLE compression routine.

JonVelop

Have you a tutorial?
how do you mean?

I mean if you do what is saved from there. O_O

MrTAToad

There are no tutorials as its really too specific.  There are various topics around that discuss saving data though

JonVelop

I did not see may also what I want.

Seeking a save point. if you verwendent a function which is automatically stored in the program so that one with a butten or what else can load the save point.
Seeking but what what stores over a longer period
not pc shutdown, savepoint deleted

Ian Price

What exactly are you wanting to save? Are you trying to save data like scores, times and stuff or position of players and enemies etc? Are you wanting to create a level editor to save and then reload your map data etc. etc. etc. There are different methods depending on your needs.

Creating a save/reload point is pretty easy if you know what data needs to be saved. If you are more specific, then we can be too.

If you tell us exactly what you need, we can point you in the right direction - don't just say a save button to save progress.
I came. I saw. I played.

TI-994A

Quote from: JonVelop on 2015-Sep-17I once read in the forum about Save [...] and more.

Perhaps this might help:

Creating a save game file
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too!

JonVelop

I try the level yu save where it just is not the player's special position but the level where it is appreciated if you change the level should therefore be saved from a map to the next so that you would load the save point in the menu can.

I would also like to make the game for mobile.  ;)

Ian Price

Here's a little playable demo, very loosely based on Bouderdash, to show you how you can create a game save state system.

Move the character with cursor keys.

Press 'S' to save game

Press 'L' to load game

This example allows you to save the player's position, current score and the map for the level.

I have kept things fairly simple, using no TYPEs and as basic as you can get. The demo does use arrays to store all of the game data except score.

I came. I saw. I played.

JonVelop

but it shall not be stored but only when changing the position to the next level. This can be only at the beginning level starts when you continue and I would not push the while but that is automatically saved.

At level Change  // Go to the next level
but should be automatically saved only at the starting point.

I hope you can help me :)

Ian Price

Sorry, I'm really not getting what you are asking for. Why/what would you want to save at the beginning of a level?

What type of game are you trying to make? Give an example.

Did you even try to work out what was happening in my demo? Is there no part of that that you could re-purpose.

What is your primary spoken language - maybe if you post in your language we will have someone on the boards who is able to translate?

Sorry, but we can't help if we can't understand.

Have you got any code running? We might be able to have a look and work out what it is you're after.
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

you should still checking out the example, actully fine eample to look on code how that things working.

if its only a single variable or such, uses INIPUT and INIGET$ commands and also checking out PLATFORMINFO$ command. Its depend of content you want to been saved.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

JonVelop

I try to speak better.

an example is Sonic The Hedgehog and Super Mario.

I try a Platformer or Jump 'n' Run.

As is to be saved at the beginning level.