Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Code Snippets / Re: Load data from memory
« Last post by Qedo on Yesterday at 08:30 AM »
if I always have to save to disk as I did before, nothing changes with the update  :|
Thanks for the information
« Last post by Kitty Hello on Yesterday at 06:10 AM »
Unfortunately, PLAYMUSIC is a bit different. You might have to extract that file to the tmp directory. :(
« Last post by dreamerman on 2021-Dec-02 »
I didn't play with this trick, so can't say much, but I didn't see any file format restrictions in GLB source. Did You check ogg files for music? This shouldn't be OS specific so I doubt it rather something else, can You share any source code to check this?
« Last post by Qedo on 2021-Dec-02 »
help me good people
To improve the custom shoebox for audio files because there is no MEM2SOUND command or something similar I'm using Gernot's excellent solution of using memory as a file.
It works fine for bmp, jpg, png, wav files but not for avi, mp3 (what I need :(). I think it is a win10 problem. Do you have any ideas about it?
Ciao a tutti
GLBasic - en / Re: GLBASIC on Mac M1 using Parallels 17
« Last post by loftcat on 2021-Nov-30 »
Good shout on running outside of Steam!  :booze:

If you run the EditorE.exe file the programs run avoid the fading of the graphics! :)
I've also successfully run programs by running the exe files directly from the distribute folder.

It looks like the fading begins the moment the Steam community notification pops up in the bottom right corner of the screen. Still not sure why this is an issue in Parallels and not VMWare on the Arm Macs, but can confirm GLBasic is working okay in both :)     I'd recommend Parallels over VMWare at the moment with this 'workaround' for the better video support, but VMWare is a nice free solution for now.
« Last post by dreamerman on 2021-Nov-29 »
Steam version contains also standard executable that doesn't require Steam to run in background, this is that file: "...\Steam\steamapps\common\GLBasic_SDK\EditorE.exe" ;)
Ah so there is no option to run x86 Windows in such virtualization machine? I didn't touch them in a long time, but they were specially handy in running some old Win95 games :D

Edit: and of course you can use Steam version normally and just run GLB apps directly - not from editor and see if flickering still appears.
« Last post by loftcat on 2021-Nov-29 »
Unfortunately only Windows 11 Insider Preview version is now available for Arm. For some reason (presumaly to pursuade users to upgrade), MS have pulled Windows 10 Arm edition from their site. Given that GLBasic works with VMWare Windows 11 may not be the culprit here anyway.
I'll try and find one of my old non-Steam installations of GLBasic and try that, will report back ;)

Announcements / Re: Manic Miner GLB
Nice retro project, looking at this I really feel old vibes but don't get me wrong I'm glad that those times are gone :D consoles were better with hardware sprites, palette switching and so on, best 2D for computers were later during Amiga 500+ and competing Atari times. But from technical aspect looks that it's faithful to the original.
I hope that there is no copyright restrictions on such old thing, as you could put it on itch.io even as free project to get more feedback. If you are working on something else don't hesitate to share on forum ;]
Announcements / Re: Super Mario Bros. 3 engine - RFD
« Last post by Darmakwolf on 2021-Nov-29 »
Hi dreamerman!

1. Scaler - use the F-keys! F1 - F8 should scale the display - I might have forgotten to put that in the intro, but the functionality is there.
2. WASD - this game was made for a game controller. You CAN use the keyboard, but it's possible that w/a/s/d could be defined action buttons - that's why it assumes arrows. You can of course easily modify this behavior if you wish, since it's open-source.
3. The many files - this is because of the IncrediBuild feature. Once compiled, I can modify a single file and recompile in 2 seconds instead of 10 minutes every time. GLB caches the files after they're compiled, and recompiling will only actually recompile files you CHANGE. I originally had them all in one, and it was a SLOG to compile that way.
4. hit detection - yes, the sun was not finished. Beta product sort of thing. I intend to make him less frustrating lol.
5. The demo levels were THROWN together in ... probably 15 minutes total. Not much thought went into it, pure tech-demo.

For the website, yeah it's down as I move to a real host instead of in-house. I will definitely update here when there are updates - I'm glad you enjoy it!

Your site is down, but checked demo attached in first post, nice old school gameplay there :]
I went to see source, and wow, more than 100 files, looks that You have separate file for every enemy type, game mechanic and so on, interesting, I prefer to have for example one file for all AI, but whatever suits you, specially that code is nicely structured and formatted, despite using DrawAnim it isn't demanding like many other small indie games (GLB power). Played 3 levels, sun can be annoying, there are some hit box/collision problems in this version (sun hit me even when crouching and he is 2 tiles away), level 3 is crazy but funny :D
Most notable suggestions is give option to change video resolution - even basic 2x/3x scaler or something would be nice, and give option to use WASD keys to move, as arrows aren't always best for this - laptops.
Don't forget to upload newer version and share changes, but what's most important put this game on itch.io ;)
btw. nicely animated fox.
Announcements / Re: Super Mario Bros. 3 engine - RFD
Your site is down, but checked demo attached in first post, nice old school gameplay there :]
I went to see source, and wow, more than 100 files, looks that You have separate file for every enemy type, game mechanic and so on, interesting, I prefer to have for example one file for all AI, but whatever suits you, specially that code is nicely structured and formatted, despite using DrawAnim it isn't demanding like many other small indie games (GLB power). Played 3 levels, sun can be annoying, there are some hit box/collision problems in this version (sun hit me even when crouching and he is 2 tiles away), level 3 is crazy but funny :D
Most notable suggestions is give option to change video resolution - even basic 2x/3x scaler or something would be nice, and give option to use WASD keys to move, as arrows aren't always best for this - laptops.
Don't forget to upload newer version and share changes, but what's most important put this game on itch.io ;)
btw. nicely animated fox.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10