Mac program compiles succesfully, fails at runtime.

Previous topic - Next topic

r0ber7

Code (glbasic) Select
> open ~/RWI/Hello_world.app/
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Users/r0ber7/RWI/Hello_world.app.

This is from the Mac commandline. I have compiled this:

Code (glbasic) Select

// Auf Back-Buffer schreiben / Write to back buffer
PRINT "Hello GLBasic World !", 0, 100;
// Back Buffer anzeigen      / Show back buffer
SHOWSCREEN
// Auf Maustaste warten      / Wait for mousekey
MOUSEWAIT

I had hoped upgrading to El Capitan would save this problem, but it hasn't. Any ideas on how to tackle this?

:giveup:

MrTAToad

Dont know that one, but does it work from the desktop ?

r0ber7

Yes. It could have to do with Virtualbox, but since it compiles fine I'm kind of in the dark as to what to do about it. I haven't found any good info on that error code either. :/

MrTAToad

Might be worth asking about the error code on a Mac forum - I have a feeling it is a security error code...

spacefractal

permission issue? im havent checked out.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrTAToad

Or it could be due to the location download security message (like in Windows)...

r0ber7

I open it from the cli.

Code (glbasic) Select
MacBook-Pro-2:RWI robertvanengelen$ open Hello_world.app/
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Users/robertvanengelen/RWI/Hello_world.app.
MacBook-Pro-2:RWI robertvanengelen$ sudo chmod a+rwx ./Hello_world.app/
Password:
MacBook-Pro-2:RWI robertvanengelen$ open Hello_world.app/
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Users/robertvanengelen/RWI/Hello_world.app.

I'll take your advice and register on a Mac forum.

MrTAToad

r0ber7

And yet I have repeatedly, and recursively, set permissions for everyone to run it:

Code (glbasic) Select
sudo chmod -R a+rwx ./Hello_world.app/

I think it's some kind of Mac specific thing. One thing I noticed is, there used to be two options to compile for Mac (I think x86 and universal), now I have only one? I wonder if I have to compile with the other one, or if the Virtualbox complicates matters.  :doubt:

spacefractal

Also Apple does not support universal apps for many many years ago.... That platform should been removed to avoid confuction. Im thinks its was back to Lion its got removed. So only uses x86, which should works. not universal.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/