Drawing inked Sprites/Animations

Previous topic - Next topic

S. P. Gardebiter

I'm asking for a function simular to alphamode. And no I'm not talking about Polyvectors.
A ink function for DRAWSPRITE and DRAWANIM that works together with alphablending would be wonderful :x
I can't use polyvectors, because it gets pretty slow if I use tilesets and draw more than 100 tiles with alphablending.
~ Cave Story rules! ~

Kitty Hello

I have no other method of doing an POLYVECTOR internally when you try to teint your sprites. POLYVECTOR is the way to go, sorry :/

S. P. Gardebiter

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2010-Mar-19
I have no other method of doing an POLYVECTOR internally when you try to teint your sprites. POLYVECTOR is the way to go, sorry :/

I could prerender it and store it into a sprite, but that would consume huge chunks of RAM :x
Is there really no other method? D:
~ Cave Story rules! ~

monono

@S. P. Gardebiter: Do you start a single polyvector for every sprite? I do use just one polyvec for hundrets of sprites in my new project. It works fine even with different alpha values. Surely you have to do the DRAWANIM like animation by yourself.

S. P. Gardebiter

How should I do it with one Polyvec, if every tileset block is able to have a different color?

Edit: GLBasic was updated and Polyvectors should be faster now o:
I will try it.

Edit edit: The first 10 secounds it lags like *love making* hell, but after that it works stable. :)

Thanks Gernot! :good:
~ Cave Story rules! ~