GP2X Wiz app. compilation

Previous topic - Next topic

heliuse

The problem here is to reproduce music properly on the wiz.
regardless of the format.
(on my pc, VLC read ogg. glbasic but do not read it.)

heliuse

I think the correction of the bug mp3 wiz is a priority.
I must send a poker game GPH.
Thank you.

Kitty Hello

I try my very best, but something has totally messed up. The old WIZ did play MP3 properly for me, the new one jitters when I use music.

MrTAToad

Sounds like they've messed up the drivers or something...

Kitty Hello

OK, the new update *should* fix it.
Beware, the update might be buggy, since I changed a lot of other stuff. Please tell me and I might fix it tonight.

MrTAToad

Dont worry!  We'll let you know if we find anything dodgy, untoward or misplaced... :)

heliuse

Hello Kitty, congratulations, mp3 works on wiz. :)
Playsound has now shifted.
almost a second between playsond and hear the sound.

Thank you.

heliuse

same problem of late with its glbasic 6136.
Poker is running a 60 fps without mp3, and with a 40.
mp3 consumes too many resources.

Thank you.

heliuse

http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?s=f2e80619add65f9d36050daaafa4ca56&showtopic=45161&st=45

"My latest communication with GPH mentions 'aiming for the 20th Feb' for the initial launch."

:x :sick:

we will reach  =D

Kitty Hello

The mp3 decoder uses floating points, which consumes lots of resources.
If you use another library (MAD e.g.) that uses integers, the CPU will be reduced. But MAD is GPL, so your game will have to be GPL, too.
It's a shame. Maybe recompressing your mp3 to a lower quality might help? What about ogg?

heliuse

I can not use ogg with glbasic.
or on a Windows PC or wiz.
The slowdown of the game with the mp3 is not serious.
against by the bug playsound should be corrected so that playsound poker game works properly.
Thank you.

KidPaddle

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2009-Jan-17It's a shame.

Why it is a shame? I'm sorry, but this author has done a hard work and he concluded his work under GPL. He is to be in the right. If anybody dislike it, he can use an other library or write his own. But it is not a shame.

Thomas
Intel CoreDuo 6300, GT 7950 512MB, 2 GB Ram, XP SP2
GP2X MK1, Firmware 2.0.0

Kitty Hello

well. Whatever. But not having a proper mp3 player library on a handheld device is a shame.

Hemlos

Did you find a solution here Gernot??

MP3 takes a huge ammount of resources on a regular PC too..
megabytes...

Tip for resources free music: midi is in KB sizes...thats what it was originally designed for.
Transferring a piano music score sheet, into GLMidi program, is easy if you know how to play a piano and read the music.

Can wiz even play midi?
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Moru

Sadly most modern onboard soundcards sounds ... not extremely good ... when it comes to midi.