10.237 paste bug

Previous topic - Next topic

Crivens

I just upgraded GLB to the latest version and now nothing I have in the clipboard will paste into the editor. There is something in the clipboard as it pastes everywhere else but not in GLB at all.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

MrTAToad

That's odd - pasting to and from the IDE works fine here...

Kitty Hello

close+restart?

Crivens

Tried that. Will try again tonight. If I have a chance I'll upgrade my desktop too.

Cheers

Crivens

Ok so I thought it was my new laptop acting up, possibly with keyboard/trackpad drivers. It didn't happen often and I ignored it. But now I've seen it happen in GLB on my old desktop which is a totally different setup to my laptop (32bit Vista AMD vs 64bit W7 i7).

Basically it shows it can paste something but nothing pastes when you select it. If you try and paste into *any* other application (eg. notepad) then it will paste correctly. Just GLB refuses to paste anything.

Restarting GLB has no effect. Logging off and in again has no effect. Restarting the PC fixes it.

Cheers

Kitty Hello

are you using any clipboard utility?
I have no diea what might cause htat. Even when you close the editor and does no longer work ... I can't imagine of anything that could behave like this.  :(

hardyx

Copy / Paste works for me with the last version.

Crivens

Quoteare you using any clipboard utility?
Nope. And the laptop is pretty new with hardly anything running on it. There is nothing of similarity I can think between the 2 machines except my virus killer. Hard to imagine it's that though. I mean there is something in the clipboard (you can paste it to notepad to check), but it just doesn't paste in GLB.

QuoteCopy / Paste works for me with the last version.
And it works 99% of the time for me. Just sometimes it will stop pasting in GLB (nothing else!).

Cheers

Crivens

Note I've got it happening again on my laptop and when you paste it does actually paste but nothing is pasted. As in if you highlight anything and paste it is wiped out (so it does actually activate the paste command). Just the item you copied is not pasted in place, just blank.

Cheers

MrTAToad

Do you have any programs running that could block GLBasic from pasting to the clipboard - there could be a dodgy program which doesn't follow proper clipboard procedure...

Crivens

Nope. And the laptop is practically bare apart from GLB and my virus killer. Oh apart from OpenOffice but then that doesn't exist on my desktop.

Remember paste will still work in every other application when it goes wrong at the same time in GLB. GLB will paste but only a blank.

Cheers

fuzzy70

Just out of curiosity is there a reason why you are not using 10.244?

Lee

btw just found this after a google search http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/forum/windows-xp/3321-copy-paste-cut-stopped-working.html. Ignore the windows xp part in the url as some posts mention vista as well
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Crivens

I am. When I first started getting the problem was the older version

Cheers