X_World2Screen and X_Screen2World

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

HI, in the hot update, the log file, say thats coomand run, but for me not. Anybody can test this little code please?¿, I need this commands for my next application, and is very important for me that´s runs.

Code (glbasic) Select

SETCURRENTDIR("Media") // seperate media and binaries?

X_LOADOBJ "Sphere002.dda", 1

LOADSPRITE "webos-icon.png", 2

GLOBAL sx#, sy#, sz#

WHILE TRUE
MOUSESTATE sx#, sy#, b1,b2
X_SCREEN2WORLD sx#, sy#, -1, wx#, wy#, wz#

PRINT wx#,0,0
PRINT wy#,0,30

X_MAKE3D 1,1000,45
X_CAMERA 0,0,-700,0,0,0
X_MOVEMENT wx#, wy#, 800
X_DRAWOBJ 1,0
SHOWSCREEN
WEND

The objects 3d and Sprite, not are used, but I leave the first code I made
Thanks and Kinds Regards,
Ps: Perhaps I made something bad on the code, but on Windows runs well. Another fact I´m testing on Palm Pre, but 1.4.5 O.S

MrTAToad

Could you make the object available too please?

Wampus

Will wait for object in the example before testing but I saw something yesterday that went wrong with a small app I wrote that could mean X_World2Screen was not working for my iPod Touch but was fine with my PC. Might be something else - will follow this thread and see/help.

mentalthink

@ MrTatoad, this is the complete project. Well this is another (is attached), this is only, when you move the mouse, you look the parameters, "equivalents" in 3D world, don´t appear nothing, but on my Palm Pre, always say 0 , 0

@Ragaril, thanks I don´t try in my iPod Touch yet, but seems don´t works fine. Well... if Gernnot, tell us this work on OpenGL-ES devices, I think I made something wrong.

Ps: About the object not is necessary, because you can see always the value at 0, the object only moves like this, but I don´t make too much well this part, beause can keep out, not is too much important.

[attachment deleted by admin]

MrTAToad

Yes, it does return just 0 all the time... :blink:

mentalthink

Uppss!!!. Thanks MrTatoad for try.

Well I wait to Gernnot, I hope can resolve this litle bug all quickly he can.

Thanks a lot.
Iván J.

Wampus

I'm getting 0 for all returned values on my iPod Touch when using X_WORLD2SCREEN too. Works fine on PC.

Kitty Hello

Uhm... X_SCREEN2WORLD must be done _AFTER_ X_MAKE3D and X_CAMERA. Obviously, no?

mentalthink

Gernoot, ok... but I try this code, and don´t works, perhaps is the 1.4.5 S.O of the Palm pre

GLOBAL sx#, sy#, sz#

WHILE TRUE
MOUSESTATE sx#, sy#, b1,b2

X_MAKE3D 1,1000,45

X_CAMERA 0,0,-700,0,0,0

X_WORLD2SCREEN sx#, sy#, -1, wx#, wy#, wz#

X_MAKE2D
PRINT wx#,0,0
PRINT wy#,0,30
SHOWSCREEN
WEND

On Pc, works fine, but on my device always return 0 on the 2 values.

Thanks

MrTAToad

Same with 2.x machines too :)

mentalthink

Kitty Hello

OK, back to the sketch board then... I'll investigate over the weekend.

mentalthink

oK, Gernnot a lot of thanks