How to compile an iOS App on OS X Mountain Lion Xcode 4.5.2

Previous topic - Next topic

mrplant

Hi there.

After months away, I am back to update my old iphone/ipad app.
It wont compile on Mountain Lion with latest XCode 4.5.2 as it has 3 errors and 96 or 98 warnings.
I am using release build 10.283 of GLBasic.

The errors are something to do with CPU Architechture being wrong etc.

Just wondering how others are doing it these days - how to fix theres errors - is the beta preferred?

spicypixel

I was told to ignore them, so I did :) I don't recall them being problematic.
http://www.spicypixel.net | http://www.facebook.com/SpicyPixel.NET

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

mrplant

It's the architecture based errors I can't fix - the warnings I can ignore...

Does the beta compile with no errors and warnings under ios 6?

hardyx

Apple iOS 6 SDK not supports 2G or 3G devices anymore. This means "architecture armv6 is not supported".
You must to change the target platform setting to ARMv7 (3GS/4G+ devices) in XCode project.

mrplant

Was thinking as much.
With the latest mountain lion and xcode installed - is it still possible to compile for older ios versions such as say ios4? It does't seem to be built in but maybe its possible to download the older sdk from within xcode somewhere?

Kitty Hello

Armv6 code is totally compatible v7 code. Just set the project settings.

mrplant

two days later and im still trying..

Im getting loads of problems with trying to get Xcode 4.5.2 to compile to older IOS versions....

argh.......

hardyx

Quote from: AppleChanges in Xcode 4.5

- Xcode 4.5 and later does not support generating armv6 binaries.
- The minimum supported deployment target with Xcode 4.5 or later is iOS 4.3.
If you want to compile for armv6 devices, you must to use an older SDK.

mentalthink

Hi Mrplant I have this Xcode..
Version 4.4.1 (4F1003)

I use Mountain Lion... I think you have to use some torrent or something similar... I doubt Apple leave this Xcode in the Store...
Runs fine...

Sometime Ago, I stay in your same situation... I try a lot of Xcode and anyone works!!! :rant:

This have to run 100%... I have this update of Mountain Lion... 10.8.2

mrplant

Today I am trying GLBasic 11.261 and trying to compile its iPhone output with the latest Xcode 4.6 - I keep getting errors but am working on it...

Whilst on this subject - what is currently the version recommended for day to day development and submission to the app store - assuming it is still version 10 at the moment..