Hemlos

Quote from: FutureCow on 2009-Dec-04
I vote for a name of
Super-duper Helicopter Infantry Combat Simulator

SHICS?

LOL serious? Super duper? I dont know.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Hatonastick

I vote for 'Shoot stuff and make it go bang!'.  Hmm... SSAMIGB.  Yeah maybe not.  "Battle for Bagels!".  "Mighty Missile Power Rangers!".  "Hello Kopter" and have all the aircraft coloured pink.  "Pew-Pew, the MMO".  "I went to war and all I got was this lousy t-shirt".  "Eat this!" -- hmm actually that would be a good name for "Cooking Mama: The MMO".  "Missile Envy".

On a more serious note.  "Crash and Burn" -- which sounds more like a Car Wars/Mad Max style car combat game.  Hmm now that could have been fun.  Erm anyway.  The name is probably already in use and doesn't really fit.  "Firefight: Missile Lock" -- unfortunately someone already seems to be using 'Firefight'.  In all honesty I think coming up with a decent name that isn't already used is going to be tough as war related games is a saturated market.  I haven't voted on a name as I don't really like any of the ones suggested in the poll.  Not that I've helped come up with anything better either as I did start out just being silly...  Maybe "Missile Lock: Crash and Burn".

I'll be watching this with interest but doubt I'll be much help or use.  Other than testing it on old hardware maybe. :)

Hemlos

Quote from: Hatonastick on 2009-Dec-04
"Hello Kopter" and have all the aircraft coloured pink.

My daughter loves that name.

I'll be watching this with interest but doubt I'll be much help or use.  Other than testing it on old hardware maybe. :)

Ive been watching this thread with interest as well.
When people share thier ideas...it very helpful.

And testing 3d flight on a calculator, priceless.
S!

erico

I agree with Hatonastick

helicopter game I loved was ZEEWOLF,
the name was also cool, maybe something on this line?

GEEWOLF? hehe
FUZILAN THROUGH
HOVERSIGHT
FIREOWL
RAVEN CRAVE
INSIDIOUS CLAWS
DESCENDING CLAW

I will came up with more tomorrow...
suddenly I remmembered AIR SUPPORT, was neat and complex:
http://www.lemonamiga.com/?mainurl=http%3A//www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php%3Fid%3D41
them comments are not good though, and few screen shots, but I enjoyed the underground structures and the carrier command feel to it, hope it all helps

WPShadow

How about:

FATAL HEIGHT: the asia conflict

AMD X2 4600, 2 GB Ram, ATI X1950 XTX, XP PRO SP2: GLB Premium 10.beta_dingsi, <(´.´<) Kirby Dance (>`.`)>
http://lostrevenant.blogspot.com
alea iacta est

Ian Price

Cobra Command
Chopper Command

Cobra: StrikeForce
StrikeForce: Cobra

Cobra Conflict
Cobra Mission
Operation: Cobra
I came. I saw. I played.

WPShadow

a little question: what do you think about a weekly meeting for the project in the chat?

It would be great to talk about the problems and to coordinate the project!
AMD X2 4600, 2 GB Ram, ATI X1950 XTX, XP PRO SP2: GLB Premium 10.beta_dingsi, <(´.´<) Kirby Dance (>`.`)>
http://lostrevenant.blogspot.com
alea iacta est

Hemlos

Quote from: Ocean on 2009-Dec-04
"Blade Spinner" ?  Most choppers have a pair of them and you wouldn't be tied to scene/scenario.  Also alludes to 'blade runner'

Ocean

Good ideas for neutrality in name, but i think im going steer away from helicopter referals in the name.

Also, Blade Runner is a Harrison Ford movie.

Hemlos

Quote from: erico on 2009-Dec-04
them comments are not good though, and few screen shots, but I enjoyed the underground structures and the carrier command feel to it, hope it all helps

I couldnt find anything with tunnels

Hemlos

Quote from: WPShadow on 2009-Dec-04
a little question: what do you think about a weekly meeting for the project in the chat?

It would be great to talk about the problems and to coordinate the project!

I think its a fantastic idea.
To the team: When would you guys like to chat?
Saturday 8pm EST would be a good time for me.

Hemlos

Screenshot of the first flying chopper here, its an alpha mode chopper with no gun..but the rotor is spinning.

Other progress....working on tail and gun rotations...and also implementing SpriteZ3d for special effects, like smoke, explosions and bullets.

Edit:
And quaternion bones, and quaternion "freelook" camera, which get rigidly attached to quaternion player vectors...fun.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hatonastick

Hang on, I'll fix it for you.  =D

Seriously though I like the look of it.  Erm your original, not my 5 second rushed alteration job.

BTW (I might have missed this when reading) you using your own physics or going to use an established physics engine?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hemlos

Physics are easy enough, no need for external libs.

Velocity = Velocity + Speed * FrameTime

amarliani

Hi Hemlos,
Chat: Sat 8pm will be a problem for me this week, but generally fine to me.

Website: I've begun to set up a test site. Adress will be http://afsg2010.pytalhost.com . Please don't be too annoyed by the ads popping up first - that's why this site ist free of any charge for us. I think this will work for our working/planning phase.

Hemlos

What about the other free site you mentioned?