STDOUT "hello"
//SHOWSCREEN
KEYWAIT

This error:

linking:
D:\GLBasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lGLBasic-console
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum

Moru

Works fine for me in version 7.061 and I used both those commands in earlier versions too without any troubles. Just remember that SHOWSCREEN isn't useful in console programs since there is no grafics to update.

Could it be so that you haven't activated console programs in project options? STDOUT is only meant for output of text to the console. If you want to type something on a grafical screen you need to use PRINT "Hello", 50, 50

shaftusmaximus

Console was activated in project options.  As for showscreen, I tried it both ways, because I was trying anything I could think of to fix the problem.  As you can see, it is commented out above.

Perhaps you can tell me whether there is supposed to be a GLBasic-console program installed on my system, and if so, where?  I can tell you that there is no such program installed on my system.  If it is required, is there any way for me to download it?

Kitty Hello

Did you install V7-RC2?

Find the file: Program Files\GLBasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Lib and see if there's a libGLBasic-console.a inside.

shaftusmaximus

What is v7-rc2?  I just installed the trial from the internet.

I checked the directory you posted.  There is no libBLBasic-console.a inside.  I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still have the same problem.

Is it possible the installer is missing the file?

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

shaftusmaximus

Downloaded v7-rc2.  Problem solved - thanks.

Kitty Hello

please install the release version from the main site. It's out since yesterday night.