Hello and Good news I think

Previous topic - Next topic

sphinx

Hello all in general and Grenot in particular,

Grenot, I am not sure if you will remember me or not but we emailed each others a few times as I was one of the first GL Basic beta testers and I still has a valid license code of GLBasic registered for ancientsoft at hotmail dot com

My name is Maher (Egypt) and I own both www.ancientsoft.com & www.osakit.com and right now I have a huge interest in glBasic especially because I want to port my games to the iPhone and iPad.

I am studying glBasic right now to get familiar with it and be able to port my Blitz games with ease. Expect an order of glBasic as soon as I get my games ported :) keep up the great work Grenot.

I think the following is  a good news as Apple Opens App Store to Third-Party Development Tools :
http://www.macrumors.com/2010/09/09/apple-opens-app-store-to-third-party-development-tools-publishes-review-guidelines/

At last but not least, looking forward to help and get help from the glBasic community.

bigsofty

Hello Maher, welcome back, its always good to see a new (old) face around here.  ;)

And I agree, its great that Apple finaly saw sense in the end!

Cheers,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Hatonastick

I've heard that too, but does it mean they've finally dropped the platform restrictions?  That was the only thing stopping Gernot compiling iDevice programs on windows machines -- and the only thing stopping people like me developing for the device.  I can't afford, and in principle refuse, to buy an Apple computer just to compile programs for their handhelds.
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

matchy

Apple are now casualing stating that you can use anything as long as it's the product is of standard which is excellent. (Did I mention Apple are awesome?)

http://daringfireball.net/2010/09/app_store_guidelines

*          We have over 250,000 apps in the App Store. We don't need any more Fart apps.
        *          If your app doesn't do something useful or provide some form of lasting entertainment, it may not be accepted.
        *          If your App looks like it was cobbled together in a few days, or you're trying to get your first practice App into the store to impress your friends, please brace yourself for rejection. We have lots of serious developers who don't want their quality Apps to be surrounded by amateur hour.
        *          We will reject Apps for any content or behavior that we believe is over the line. What line, you ask? Well, as a Supreme Court Justice once said, "I'll know it when I see it". And we think that you will also know it when you cross it.
        *          If your app is rejected, we have a Review Board that you can appeal to. If you run to the press and trash us, it never helps.

sphinx

Thanks bigsofty for your warm welcome :)

backslider

That sounds really nice! :)

Thanks for the info.

shawnus

Maher, I used osakit a few years back - it was pretty good! Thanks!

sphinx

Glad you liked it Shawn :)

hardyx

¿This means that we can make iPhone commercial applications in a computer with Windows or Linux? ¿Or the restrictions relaxed affect only to the software, and you must to use a Mac?

MrTAToad

The restrictions are for iPhone applications - you still need a Mac though

Hatonastick

Oh well, I guess it's time I started looking at Android instead. :)
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

BlueSteel

Jack-of-some-trades all codes , master of none.
hey i resemble that

Kuron

Howdy Maher, I'm glad to see you over here.  I was thinking about you a week or so back when I was referring some folks on another forum to OSAKit  =D

sphinx

Thanks Kuron.

I am glad to be here and can not wait to get my games ported to the iPhone....GLBasic is a dream came true.
Object C is not my language of choice although I know C/C++ but never get my feet very wet with it.

Actually I was thinking of hiring someone of the GLBasic community to port it for me to save time and effort but I am not sure if I can get a good deal, anyone?! ;)

Kuron

Quote from: sphinx on 2010-Sep-15
Actually I was thinking of hiring someone of the GLBasic community to port it for me to save time and effort but I am not sure if I can get a good deal, anyone?! ;)

I would give you a good deal and with the way my medical bills are piling up, I could really use the money.  Unfortunately, I would not be right for the job, as I am not familiar with the iPhone and do not have a Mac, so I can't compile iPhone versions.

GLBasic is a good choice though, and I am sure you will be happy with it.