100% core speed feature debug.

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemlos

Ok Gernot ive been trying to debug the 100% core usage, even after the fix...
The latest fix for core speed works for some and for other computers it doesnt..

Observations:
If you compile a project, and use LIMITFPS 60 ...and if program does 60 fps
result...low report of 1-5% core load.

If you compile a project, and use LIMITFPS 60 ..and if the program does < less than 60fps
result...it overloads the cpu to 100%.

More Observations:
I have 2 programs,
Program #1 does full speed and limitfps is 60, it reports 1% cpu load....no problem.

The second program does 2/3 speed...limitfps 60, and it runs at about 40 fps. (its big, alot of data)
This program reports 100% cpu usage, even if i set the LIMITFPS to 1, and force it to run 1 fps.

Hope this helps to debug, i know its been an issue for a few users, including the quad core users.

Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Kitty Hello

can you post some source?

Hemlos

Well...i can send them to you in the email ...
Reason...took me months to build this stuff and i dont want people to steal it.

Program 1....My pythagorean theorm, range finder for battleground europe, ww2 online.
I dont want users to rewrite it and claim it for themselves....
It was sophisticated math converting time based numbers into decimal numbers and plugging it into a pythagorean algorithm, to output range in meters...not to mention the 2 pythag inputs arent scaled to each other in the game...i think CRS tried to stop people from making software like this by doing the scalars out of proportion. HAHA. As my daddy always said...where theres a will, theres a way. :nana:

Program 2 ...this is the Animated/Shadowed/Colored FONT
Same thing here, i want this to remain secure, until i build it into a GBAL
It took me almost a year to finish this....the data consumes something like 1500 lines of code.

Both are about 1 meg each, zipped.
Is it ok to email you these?
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Kitty Hello