[Release] Xors3d build643 Wrapper for GLBasic

Previous topic - Next topic

aonyn

Hi All,

At long last, here is the wrapper for Xors3d which I have been working on.
I will be keeping it up to date (well as much as time permits)
Many functions remain untested, but I have used many as well, and all I have needed so far work well.

I am including the GLBasic wrapper source code (just include with your project), as well as some additional PureBasic source code (for a helper DLL which comunicates with the library in utf8 when strings are passed), as well as a compiled version of the helper DLL (for those who don't own PureBasic and can't compile it themselves.)

Please note that any function which returns a const char* (string) will be appended with $.
Otherwise, everything uses the exact command names from the Xors3d documentation.

If you encounter any bugs, please post here and let me know, I will do my best to get everything working perfectly.
Or if you solve a problem, please also post here and let me know what was solved and how.

I hope this is useful to some in the community.
It should be a nice companion for BigSofty's iXors3d library, allowing you to test code locally in windows, and then only making minor adjustments to convert to iXors.

Thanks to all who assisted me on the forum when I encountered problems writing this wrapper, and especially to BigSofty.

regards,
Dave

[attachment deleted by admin]
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

aonyn

For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

bigsofty

A lot of works gone into this, congrats and thanks Dave!  :enc:

Cheers,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

aonyn

Hemlos

Incredible lib. Ive heard good things about it.
However, please excuse my ignorance, is this for  opengl?
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

aonyn

Hi Hemlos,

Xors3d is DirectX9.
iXors3d is OpenGLES

regards,
Dave

bigsofty

Yes, it also has very nice entity manipulation commands, all gimbal lock free, perfect for say an flightsim for example...  ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Leginus

Excellent work. Not something I will use in the next few weeks, but I was considering looking at some windows development this year, and I get the impression that Directx is slightly better supported on older gfx cards so this will be great.

Thanks for all your efforts

aonyn

Thanks Leginus,

I hope it is useful for you.

regards,
Dave

Hemlos

Quote from: aonyn on 2011-Jan-11
Hi Hemlos,

Xors3d is DirectX9.
iXors3d is OpenGLES

regards,
Dave

Oh i see, thanks for the clarification.

Quote from: bigsofty on 2011-Jan-12
Yes, it also has very nice entity manipulation commands, all gimbal lock free, perfect for say an flightsim for example...  ;)

Gimbal lock is a side effect of opengl's inability to properly roll an object in 3 dimensions due to the internal object angular math(euler?) math.
Truely the only way to eliminate gimbal lock is by using the quaternion math lib you shared.
In case anyone wonders, you use the quat lib to roll-pitch-yaw the camera to the proper angles, aiming at a stationary object, then grab the sprite and billboard it. ;)
Thats all the bean im spilling tonight :P

Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

WPShadow

Is there a chance for a short example, something like "hello world" with Xors3d?
AMD X2 4600, 2 GB Ram, ATI X1950 XTX, XP PRO SP2: GLB Premium 10.beta_dingsi, <(´.´<) Kirby Dance (>`.`)>
http://lostrevenant.blogspot.com
alea iacta est

aonyn

Hi WPShadow,

I already answered you in your PM as you know, but I noticed you asked here also.
So in case anyone else is waiting for this, yes I will add some examples, but I am currently busy with work, as well as finishing some personal projects, but as soon as I have some time, hopefully soon, I will add examples.  :)

Regards,
Dave

WPShadow

AMD X2 4600, 2 GB Ram, ATI X1950 XTX, XP PRO SP2: GLB Premium 10.beta_dingsi, <(´.´<) Kirby Dance (>`.`)>
alea iacta est

WPShadow

Hi,

I had a little time, so I completed the first example!

It's the "Animated texture sample".

If there's enough time, I will "translate" the others. :-)

CU

W.

[attachment deleted by admin]
alea iacta est