Idea about Raspberry Pi and GLbasic

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

This can be absolutelly fantastic, not for make games, but for the "cacharreo" (this it´s making the old computers and apparells internaly), can be awesome... if have any information about this... please comment, in Spain too much people had adquired a RasPberry and perhaps want some lenaguaje easy and powerfull, of course, I´m sure they are preffer C , I´m sure too, they are sadomasoquists  :whip: :whip: :whip:  :D

Ian Price

Let's be fair - if you're wanting to use a Raspberry Pi (or any computer for that matter) to program anything you've got to be a sadomasochist! :P
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

the Pi might fit perfectly inside old 8-bit computers...

Ian Price

I don't think the Pi would fit into the Spectrum case. Although TBF you did say computer, not calculator! :P =D
I came. I saw. I played.

matchy

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2012-Mar-06
the Pi might fit perfectly inside old 8-bit computers...

Great idea. There are joysticks with games on them so I bet the NES will be the first console gutted for a Pi. :)

Quote from: mentalthink on 2012-Mar-06
... perhaps want some language* easy and powerful*, of course, I´m sure they are prefer* C
I think there is a ready to go editor and tutorials for Python coded games at the moment. 8)

bigsofty

Ooh, this sounds like a great idea, stick one in an 8 bit micro case, add one of these...

Using an authentic mouse and keyboard may be a little more problematic though?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Marmor

hah remember this joystick . :good:
Pi for the masses and all ideas become reality !

Ian Price

I always hated the Competition Pro joysticks. My hands just never seemed to fit them properly. Everyone I know loves them, but I never felt comfortable using one.

I grew up with about a million Quickshot 2 joysticks (they died pretty quickly), which suited me perfectly until I got a Megadrive and found that that controller worked brilliantly on my Amiga.
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

What? no decathlon on atari 2600? :P

fuzzy70

I loved the SNES controller as it fit comfortably in the hands. Was it also the 1st controller to have shoulder buttons?,  & more or less all current controllers like the xbox/360 & Sony one's are based on that layout with the 4 buttons on the right (with the addition of analog sticks as well of course). I don't recall the Megadrive controller as never had one or if that had shoulder buttons & was out before the SNES.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

mentalthink

For joystick use GlBasic your device mobile, Arduino  and some 8 bits computer... more easy and more cheaper... :good: :good: , and well, play Out Run whit accelerometers...

Kitty Hello

I also used quickshot2 until I found the megadrive pad. Best of all, Blitz was able to poll all 3 buttons on Amiga!

bigsofty

This looks close to my ideal...

http://technabob.com/blog/2009/04/12/sinclair-zx-spectrum-linux-pc-casemod/

BTW his Flickr page shows you how to get the keyboard working.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

matchy

Yep that is neat. I would like a MC-10 version. ;)

Hark0

Quote from: bigsofty on 2012-Mar-07
This looks close to my ideal...

http://technabob.com/blog/2009/04/12/sinclair-zx-spectrum-linux-pc-casemod/

BTW his Flickr page shows you how to get the keyboard working.

OH MY GOD.... a ZX machine  :-*
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic