Previous topic - Next topic

mgarnett

Hi All,

I just wanted to say I have purchased GLBasic Premium after using both BlitzMax and Darkbasic (as well as Delphi and C#).  I still use both of these languages and they both have their good and bad points.  I was hesitant to get into another Basic language but I get a weird sense of enjoyment ou of learning new languages!

Anyway, I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the professional "look and feel" that GLBasic has.  I was very impressed from the moment I started the IDE.  Considering that this appears to be a labour of love, the developer/s have really done an outstanding job with the product. I am also very impressed with the interaction between the community and the developer which is another reason I wanted to give it a try.  Dedication like that deserves to be rewarded in my book.

Anyway, I haven't created anything of note with the language but I am very much looking forward to it. I'm finishing off a BlitzMax project at the moment but I really can't wait to get started on a GLBasic project.

I do have one query though, has any thought been given to having a Mac IDE? I primarily develop on a Macbook Pro and think that it would be pretty handy.  I suppose it's not that hard to fire up Windows is VM (which is what I do now for Visual Studio and Delphi) but I just thought I would throw it out there as an idea.

Cheers

Mark

fjsantosb

An IDE for mac will be definitly a great improvement.

Best regards, fjsantos.
Francisco Santos Belmonte founder of Tip Tap Games.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/tiptapgames
Facebook: http://dld.bz/dYVd
iPhone News & Sales: www.gamesappetizer.com

mykyl66

I would also love a mac ide for glbasic. :)

Just wanted to say as well that I have been testing out the demo and am very impressed. Only thing I would like is a way to test my app in the iphone simulator. I know its to do with Apple rules etc but surely there must be something I could change in the code locally on my mac to get it to run in the simulator?

Anyway I will be purchasing the premium version within the month. Possibly two licences.

Cheers

Mike R

Kitty Hello

No need to buy 2 licenses. If you are a team of 2, you can share one license. That's perfectly OK for me.

kamakazieturtle

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2009-Sep-24
No need to buy 2 licenses. If you are a team of 2, you can share one license. That's perfectly OK for me.

Which is what make GLBasic even better!  :good: Gernot your the best.

mgarnett

I agree.  This sort of customer service, dedication and trust from a developer is few and far between.  I also do a little bit of work using the C4 engine and the developer of that engine is also very customer focused but so many are quite the opposite.,.

You have certainly won a loyal customer here!