Minecraft think about rendering with Geometry-Shaders on version 1.9...

Previous topic - Next topic

Schranz0r

What you guys think about it?
Is it a good way to get more Power ( FPS ) and nicer Shadersupport to make the game more fancy?!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/59892-shaders-coming-in-1-9
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

bigsofty

TBH I was kinda surprised a 2 billion dollar game is not using the best techniques possible! :P

Shaders are faster than a fixed function pipeline when it comes to most things but they do add an extra layer of complexity for the coder. Certain types of modern graphical techniques are simply not possible without them unfortunately.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Ian Price

Shaders will also alienate a lot of older machines that could run the original game. Still that's never hurt M$ has it? The need for more powerful machines will drive people to purchase more M$ product...
I came. I saw. I played.

Hemlos

Minecraft does need more particles, haha =D
But man...im with ian on this...whats the point of a "graphically simple" game, if it cant be played on an older machine?

Second, I think the claim of more performance is misconstrued.
It will only be a true statement assuming no more particles and or other special effects are not added.
That way it would be noticable.

I give the idea  a "thumb down"
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O