The Game That Time Forgot

Previous topic - Next topic

matchy

I think we all are still trying to design our great teenage minded game.  :whistle:

Before discovering Blitz Basic, I remember going in to the software store to get a game only to find an interesting application called Klik & Play.  :P

r0ber7

Let's hope I don't take 14 years... It's very recognizable though. :) Thanks for sharing, good on him for finishing it!

mentalthink

JAJA I think I go in this way...  this says my GLbasic when I begun to do Black Sun,
// --------------------------------- //
// Project: Editor_Fases
// Start: Monday, March 12, 2012
// IDE Version: 10.283

Well I have 12 years more, I think I will finish it  :D :D :D :D

Leaving Jokes , really for me make this game give me a lot of knoledges about programming, I have to read a lot and curiosly my 3D skills are better now than before, without touching graphics...

Really looking the date I thinked I get more time...  :blink: O_O

r0ber7

Quote from: mentalthink on 2014-Jun-22
JAJA I think I go in this way...  this says my GLbasic when I begun to do Black Sun,
// Project: Editor_Fases
// Start: Monday, March 12, 2012
// IDE Version: 10.283

Well I have 12 years more, I think I will finish it  :D :D :D :D

Leaving Jokes , really for me make this game give me a lot of knoledges about programming, I have to read a lot and curiosly my 3D skills are better now than before, without touching graphics...

Really looking the date I thinked I get more time...  :blink: O_O

Mmhmm. How is Black Sun?

// Project: rwi.0.25
// Start: Wednesday, September 14, 2011
// IDE Version: 10.057

:x

Picked it up again today.

kanonet

Nice to hear this. I wait for new tests/releases.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

MrTAToad

The longest development was a year for me, when I was doing a C64 game.  Usually its now either abandoned in a few weeks or takes several months (although I haven't actually completed a full game for a while now).

Mind you, the game was written completely in 6510 assembler :)

mentalthink

I read about programming the CPU of C64 it's really complex, I don't know if more than Z80, I did some simple things in ASM and it's really funny.

MrTAToad

The C64 was easy to learn really - you just had to make sure that if you did any bank switching, you made sure that you didn't lock up the computer :)

6510 assembler was nice though.

mentalthink

The perhaps I take a look to the ASM, I don't do nothing wit my C64 from a bought.

MrT, if you have your C64 perhaps you are interested in mount this device... it's really easy and cheaper to do.... Perhaps in this hollydays I do the device, but the code it's done you can download and if you look the scheme it's really easy... if you buy the products in China it's less than  10 or 15 euros...

http://sweetlilmre.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/tapuino-20-c64-tape-emulator.html

MrTAToad

Ah yes, tapes....  Wait 30 minutes and then find out the program hasn't loaded :)

I sold my C64 many years ago - to a couple who lived nearby to where we used to live...

Wampus

Ahhh jeez 13 years. People always seem to have one project that goes on forever but usually give up! (psst, mine is a remake of Lords of Chaos that will likely never see life beyond my machine).

13 years. Hope he's working on the sequel.