NEXT-GEN Graphics (Incredible!!!)

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LYpUw3Rx0c

If just now the graphics are awesome, when this engines makes new games graphically will be awesome...
Take a look to this technical demo, of Dream Engine, really this it's like do an animation with Vray or another engine with Radiosity... simply brutal...

fuzzy70

Shame it's not real as the text says underneath it is done in 3dsMax

Lee

Code (glbasic) Select

Published on Feb 22, 2013
Video demonstration infront of your eyes is indeed in 'pre-rendered', it turns out I made a huge error, this isn't infact a game engine at all, but a Architectural landscapes created in 3Dsmax in which VAYA have won awards for.
None the less it's a pretty accurate representation of what graphics are to come in the next few years.
In my person opinion, this is the best game engine candidate for next-gen graphics, including textures, atmosphere, lighting, particle effects and the rest of the list :)
Again in my opinion, each scene you see is their version of what they would of created.
For eg. 1st Scene = GTA 5 or similar.
2nd Scene = Crysis (especially a certain camera angle)
Train Scene = Red Dead
Car = DiRT 4 or something similar. You guys get the picture.
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

mentalthink

:-[ :-[ =D =D Ok Fuzzy, I don't read this... but really I don't surprise this can be real, I see a real time in Unreal about a soldiers, and it's really awesome.. more impactant than this...

Now I doubt but the video don't says nothing.. I think this really it's Real.Time... simply Awesome too!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v3GA9jSasQ

fuzzy70

I only caught the comment last minute after watching the clip so easily missed :)

Besides give me blocky low-res retro graphics anyday  :D :D :D :D

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

mentalthink

Really the graphics in the game are only the first 5 minuts, if the game it's bad you can put the best graphics of the world but...
I think this with this huge-Production... in example the Last of Us, really it's very good game, but the first 12 or 13 gameplays in Youtube it's the same, some Zombies and investigate the envoirement, and again, and the end of the game the History change a bit more interesting... and Battelfield 4, for watching it's nice, but all the time the same.

I rebember I buy the 3 Crysis and only I play in total 5 min  :D :D :D , I want a CPC Amstrad real Market... and Amiga  =D =D =D

Ian Price

It's funny, but the more they make these scenes realistic, the less real and lifeless they seem. They look right, but they don;t feel right. You don't get the feeling of air flow, eg in the puddles or through the trees or grass. Everything may sway, but unconvincingly.

That's why I'd much rather see and play a stylized game than a realistic looking one.
I came. I saw. I played.

Moru

And as always - The more eye-candy you spend money on, the less money you have to spend on the actual game to make it fun...

Wampus

Quote from: mentalthink on 2013-Nov-08
Really the graphics in the game are only the first 5 minuts, if the game it's bad you can put the best graphics of the world but...

Oh yeah, that's my feeling too. Amazing looking games can be stunning for 5 minutes and then the gameplay has to impress, else they can quickly get boring. There are quite a few AAA titles I've bought lately that soon became so boring I couldn't continue playing, whereas indie games I bought long ago like like FLT, Spelunky, Minecraft and Terraria hold out so well.

I suspect the impressive visuals of expensively produced games are emphasized so much because they can be a marketing tool. People get excited by how a game looks before they get a chance to experience how it plays.

erico

Quote from: Wampus on 2013-Nov-13
I suspect the impressive visuals of expensively produced games are emphasized so much because they can be a marketing tool. People get excited by how a game looks before they get a chance to experience how it plays.

I agree, kind of goes that way with products and services too.

So it is not realtime? It looks realtime to me, I can see polygons and shader type effects. Or maybe it is rendered with game objects and special effects are made inside 3d packages so to mimic shaders?

Back on marketing, it is probably safer for AAA companies to market a product by its realistic visuals as a solid point then, let´s say,  abstract game play that may not be quite the same for everyone. If minecraft was done by an AAA studio some 7 years ago, how would they massively market it? Today it would be a bit easier, since this and many other games brought back to pop attention things like procedural stuff, persistent world, infinite game world, sandbox, etc.

Still, it feels to me that AAA studios still relies on visual and story (characters, etc) , similar to movie marketing, as their strongest point.
On another subject, as industry, they must deliver ´fast´consumable products to keep the profit rolling.   

just some random thoughts...

Wampus

Quote from: erico on 2013-Nov-13
Still, it feels to me that AAA studios still relies on visual and story (characters, etc) , similar to movie marketing, as their strongest point.

Yeah. If only story telling in the final product, rather than just the trailer, wasn't so terrible in most AAA titles! (and many movies). It really makes a difference to have a story worth remembering because once you've completed or played out a game, its the humor, fear, sadness and whatnot that carry on.

I find it frustrating that a game like the recent Tomb Raider reboot, which played fantastically as well as looked and sounded great, ends up dropping the ball when it comes to creating a compelling narrative. The setting is creative enough and Lara Croft as the player character comes off as very human and relatable yet the script and some of the voice acting are so bad at times they break the immersion. Contrast that with BioShock Infinity, which had relatively poor gameplay yet incredibly compelling story. I actually ended up cheating on that game, just to get past the lacklustre big fights and action sequences more quickly so the story could unfold more quickly. Ah, I'm ranting and there is work to be done!

erico

I have been wanting to buy Bioshock Infinite for a while just because of the story...I´m just waiting for a good bundle ;)

I can relate to what you are saying about Tomb Raider, I felt similar on GTA 5. I mean, gfx is great and music is awesome, world is quite big and detailed, day cycles are really awesome, gameplay is the usual shoot/drive stuff, lot´s of scripted crap where you look to the left instead of right and is mission failed, etc,etc. I had fun, but the main story somehow got sped up and thin throughout the game for me. A no-salt end.

mentalthink

The last game I look with awesome graphics it's Batlefield 4, really in some scenes it's very very real...
Another game, but I'm really surprising it's call of duty 4, some models aren't textured, or the texture it's like a 512 Pix, really impresive look a 60€ games with this errors and fails.