Game Center (testers and help needed)

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobiag

im very interested in this too. any news about it now? :)

Crivens

If you click on the original posters details he hasn't been active in months. So looks like unless someone else steps up to the challenge then we are right out of luck at least for a while.

It's a shame because I think he did release a game center game so obviously he succeeded. Doubt it used the multiplayer Apis but just the high score system would be brilliant...

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Dark Schneider

I have been absent some time, sorry.

When I have some time I will organize the code in its current state (the one used in Rapids Rider) and post it.

I left the topic because I asked for testers but passed much time with no results, and when I released the game it has no testers yet so I left the topic.

The current state is the last mentioned, all reports works but there are no leaderboards show on iPad, and the Game Center app must be used.

Crivens

Cool. That would be great. A definite brilliant resource for the GLB community. Is it the highscore stuff or does it also include the Multiplayer capabilities?

I think the lack of testers was because there wasn't a GLB project to use. An simple attached project would definitely get people involved I'm sure.

Cheers

Dark Schneider

Leaderboards and achievements, both working fine.

Crivens

Nice. Can't wait till you have a spare moment then!

Cheers

bigtunacan

Thanks; I would love to have access to Game Center for my apps :)

Dark Schneider

I have updated the attached file in the first post, I don't think anything is missing. Copied from the Rapids Rider last update folder project, so is the lastest version.

What can be outdated is the GLB project "GCTest" included, it has not been modified since much time ago, but I think the functions names have not changed so it probably can work fine.

But you can take a look to the source code itself, it has been written reasonably clear IMO. Another point is that can be useful as "tutorial" of "how to include Objective-C in GLBasic", because is very simple:
- Create what you want in Objective C, use all you want like classes, etc.
- Create a wrapper, a "C" file (".m") with "C" functions that are what GLBasic can IMPORT, and do all the work with this "C" functions with the Objective-C code.

i.e. see how I use a class for GC, and simply using the "GameCenterWrapperFunctions.m" we can here create, initialize and work with any Objective-C class.

trucidare

Try to use ARC for your new Libs and disable garbage collector.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

Dark Schneider

I think really there is no need, garbage collector is not available on iOS, and there is no need to destroy the objects, at least in this case.

We create the objetcs in the initialization, use them, and when we exit the App the iOS frees al the memory used by that App.

Other case is if you want to have Objective-C objects to create and destroy in real time, but thanks anyway.

Crivens

Hopefully I can finish my damn game and then try testing this out. Honestly the last few things take the longest...

Cheers

tatakamucher

I used your iOSAuxFunc for my game and now i implemented game center, thanks  :good:

tatakamucher

Hi again  :|  :P, i tested with ipod ios 5.0.1 and works fine one time, example: you show leaderboards one time and works fine  :enc:, close leaderboards and try to open again and dont works, if you press home button and hide the game and show again the game the gc works again one time, i was think i have some wrong in mi code but i tried your file and have the same result.

The same problem is when you show the achievements.  :x

Dark Schneider

Quote from: tatakamucher on 2012-Jan-12
Hi again  :|  :P, i tested with ipod ios 5.0.1 and works fine one time, example: you show leaderboards one time and works fine  :enc:, close leaderboards and try to open again and dont works, if you press home button and hide the game and show again the game the gc works again one time, i was think i have some wrong in mi code but i tried your file and have the same result.

The same problem is when you show the achievements.  :x

Ops, I forgot to mention, use the "show" functions when "lift up" the finger, and not when touch the screen. If not the input focus is lost by the app.

See that in the attached test project "GCTest" I use the InputCheckPressedUp() function, that checks if you "lift up" the finger from screen. "readme" updated with that info.

QuoteI used your iOSAuxFunc for my game
And that remembers me that I not included the GLBasic wrapper to use them, now is included  ;/

And REMEMBER EVERYONE, showLeaderboard() can't be used on iPad, I don't know why on iPad the focus is always lost.

tatakamucher

I downloaded the last files from the post and don work  :blink:

A video with the error

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT8A5BOhoOM