HP To Shut Down WebOS Operations

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

I agree - I was hoping (but not expecting) for around £100 for the 16GB. I really didn't expect to see such a good price in the UK. In any exchange rate for electrical goods we've always been £1=$1 to the US - always ripped off.

Now we're just ripped off by eBay merchants; although to be fair I can't blame them in the current climate. It's just unfortunate that the real users/wannabe users didn't get in on the act first.
I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

Yeah, it's amusing how that works. Plus if you look on Ebay it is cheaper to get them from America (even with postage) compared to one from the UK. Eh? Maybe we are just greedier too? Not surprised when you consider all electronics are stupid prices.

Quoteto be fair I can't blame them in the current climate
I agree with you. I blame HP. Why don't they sell a single (only one to each) device to each dev? I would even take a 16gb one for £150. There can only be a couple of thousand devs in the world. Plus I would bet you the farm right now that the same thing will happen again with the new batch. Even US devs will massively miss out in comparison to "Johnny come with a rather large van lately". Stupid HP...

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Crivens

Whoo hoo, I love my wife! <3

Just hours after mentioning I would spend £150 on a TP she got me one from a supplier (Insight is name of the company) that deals with her company :)

This kind of makes up for HP making her redundant a few years ago (well for me anyway). Whoop! :)

Cheers

Marmor

Unfortunately no Email reply from my ebay Seller .
i orderd an 32 GB Device  inclusive Dock for around 240 Euro excl USPS.
Since 6 Days no reply ,i cant also reset my Order because he is away or dead or a  xxxxxxxxxx Axxhxxe . :whip:
i give up  :giveup:

Ian Price

:(

It's bad enough that eBay sellers are charging double, but then ripping off punters as well. Bastards. If you paid via PayPal, then at least you'll be covered.
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

There's no way to contact eBay about such bastards.

I got one from another dealer and it's already in Munich, so I expect it today.

Marmor

finally i got a 32 gb on ebay from an german seller .
i pay much  much moore as 129 euro but i cant get one for a real price .
say iam stupid but i like  this  device with  maybe  webos and android .
webos kernel from psychounix can overclocking the device uo to 1,9 GHZ and i like fast devices !!!
if i remember my sxxx android epad for 130 bucks and no updates from android 2.1 so i hope iam on the right way .
A Friend of mine bought an ipad2 today ,so i hope i can build and test  games for the most popular devices  .

(dont ask about the price) :help: :help: :help: but  :happy:

Crivens

Mine is at 1.7 using Warthog kernel. Guvnah says it can do 1.9 if I want but I've heard freezing problems at that speed and so far 1.7 is solid and feels pretty fast.

Cheers

Crivens

Did you get your pad in the end Gernot? I'm itching to develop for my new bit of kit :)

Cheers

Kitty Hello

It's in the customs clearance. I have to wait until they send me a note to get it there. And pay the taxes. Oh the joys of ordering from USA :(

Crivens

Yeah, I had that with a Sony Reader a few years ago. Sweated a bit when the seller put that it was worth about £80 (on front of package) when at the time was more like £200+, as you then pay tax on that amount. But no-one cared. Good news with the Touchpad is that it truly is worth only $99 when you bought it :) So practically no tax spend on something worth £500+ a few weeks ago.

Cheers

Ian Price

I bought a load of Zelda figures for my son for Christmas from the US once. The total cost of the order was about £75 IIRC. I then had to pay taxes of nearly £50 when the package arrived! I near clocked the postman that day. How could they justify that price? I still have no idea. Never had to pay any taxes for toys and games before or since.
I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

Apparently is random as they can't check everything.

Cheers

okee

Some of the sellers will mark them as a gift, to avoid custom tax
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

MrTAToad

At least you know that import duties had to be paid :)