No shading

Previous topic - Next topic

gavendortt

Hi!

I don't know where to post this, so I will post here.

When I try to use shading it don't work. It just draw "Shader failed to load :" ( With the exemple ).
When I place the OpenGL modified dll or something in the .app directory, it work, but with a FPS like 6-7 ( Don't know, FPS counter don't work in that ).

I not sure it is a bug, because my graphic card is an Integrated Intel 945GM with 128 MB shared memory. Driver updated. They say this card support Pixel shader 2 and I can use it with Farcry for a beautiful water. But they also say that this card fully support OpenGL 1.4, and not entirely the 2.0. And don't know if it does anything, because I'm not sure of what is shader, but I can do BumpMapping and Cel Shading with this card without any problem, exemple run fine 500+ FPS.

So, I post there if there is any solution to use Pixel Shader with GLBasic on my card.

Thanks.

Kitty Hello

Enable Debug mode, then compile+run again. The debug console should give you the compiler output.

gavendortt

Yes, it say that I don't have OpenGL 2.0 Shader Support.
But why then I can play Farcry,Morrowind, Oblivion, ...? They all use pixel shader 2.0 to create the water!

MrTAToad

Morrowind is DirectX only...

Kitty Hello

install the latest gfx card driver from you manufacturer's site.
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel945gm/sb/CS-021517.htm

gavendortt

I already have the latest driver installed. ANd I can modify the OpenGL preference in the graphic tab, so I have the OpenGL support.

MrTAToad

It sounds as though you've only got support for a version before 2.0, which means you wont be able to use the shader unless you get a new card.

gavendortt

That is what I was thinking, but the the OpenGL 1.4 don't support shader? There is no shader before version 2.0?

Kitty Hello

No shaders are a 2.0 feature. But there really must be drivers for that. I can't imagine there's not.

gavendortt

I don't know, I can only find driver for OpenGL 1.4, but I can support Pixel Shader with Directx 9, because I can play play games who use it.
I will search more on Google...
But there is no another solution to use them with GLBasic? Combine OpenGL with Directx just for Shader with Inline command or something?