RotoSprite um einen Pin-Punkt auf dem Sprite

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyH

It's basically a sprite manager, with BMax-like commands to Set the pivot handle, rotation, scale and (now) colour for drawing sprites.  It lets you load in sprites or anim strips, although anim strips are GRABSPRITE'd into single sprites so I can use the ROTOZOOM and POLYVECTOR commands - but that part is hidden from you and you can still refer to the object Id's returned with a frame number.

I need Gernot to look at the GRABSPRITE issue though as sprites grabbed do not behave the same when scaled or rotated as sprites loaded with LOADSPRITE directly, even though the pixels are identical in both (with no alpha channel data in both).

I need to expand it to also handle text, and I'm keeping support in for ANIM's mostly for use in tilemaps for level drawing (these do not generally need the SETCOLOR, SETROTATE, SETZOOM support).  I may be able to expand it further to support the new ROTOZOOM command for ANIM's once that's ready, but I'm still going to need to do the GRABSPRITE method if I want to continue to support the SETCOLOR via Polyvector.  I wonder if Gernot can add a parameter for colour to the ANIM version of ROTOZOOM as he said that he'd be using POLYVECTOR's to make it work?

The DrawSprite function then decides which method to use to draw the sprite frame.

I can post code if interested, but it's not finished yet (the above to do and it's not optimised yet).

Kitty Hello

AndyH