Back after a long break. Hope I can remember how to code!

Previous topic - Next topic

Wampus

A bunch of dwarves descended on my little home and took me on a curious adventure to a lonely mountain. Acquired a wedding ring, lost a beer belly along the way and my long noodle arms have been replaced with pointlessly muscly things.

Been over a month and a half since I wrote a line of code. Feels strange getting back into things.

Leginus

Lol.  those damn dwarves abandoned me about a year ago, over which time my muscular arms got replaced with spongy ones, my belly started to grow a little bit and I now enough chins to warrant a page in the chinese telephone directory  (may have exaggerated for comic effect)  :D

Welcome back!

erico

While you were away, the forum has become a huge cooking recipe forum :S
There is absolutely no difference into baking a cake and coding an app, so it must be about the same goings :P

Welcome back. :good:

Hark0

Quote from: Wampus on 2012-Jul-21
A bunch of dwarves descended on my little home and took me on a curious adventure to a lonely mountain. Acquired a wedding ring, lost a beer belly along the way and my long noodle arms have been replaced with pointlessly muscly things.

Been over a month and a half since I wrote a line of code. Feels strange getting back into things.
:D :D :D :D

:good:
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

Ian Price

QuoteA bunch of dwarves descended on my little home and took me on a curious adventure to a lonely mountain
Have you been reading The Hobbit recently, or are you in fact Bilbo Baggins? :P

Welcome back :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Ruidesco

Sounds like he might be Bilbo's videogame crazed cousin, Tea Baggins.

Falstaff

Wb :) I haven't been around much lately, although not because I haven't been coding.. but because I've got too much coding to do that I don't have any time for my game anymore  :blink:

Oh well here's to more progress :D

bigsofty

Welcome  back! Theres a lot of old familiar faces that have recently returned , its very nice to see!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

r0ber7

Wampus

It is good to take a break! Even a reluctant one. =D

Yes on reading the Hobbit recently. Now I can happily point out all the ways the upcoming film isn't as good as the book.

Hemlos

The hobbit the movie looks pretty cool in the previews at the theatre.  :good: :good:
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Ian Price

I re-read the Hobbit and the Lord Of The Rings books this year. Can't wait to see The Hobbit movie (well part 1 of it, anyway).

And then there's LEGO LOTR. My Christmas is sorted :D
I came. I saw. I played.

Hatonastick

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Jul-27
I re-read the Hobbit and the Lord Of The Rings books this year. Can't wait to see The Hobbit movie (well part 1 of it, anyway).

And then there's LEGO LOTR. My Christmas is sorted :D
I'm very much looking forward to the movie too, but I'm _really_ looking forward to Lego LOTR as well.  I was really surprised when I heard they were making that Lego game considering it is obviously based on the movies and the movies were out some time ago.  Not that I'm complaining.  It's a Lego game (I have quite a few of them) and based on my favourite "world" -- what's not to like.  :good:
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).