Raspberry Pi

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Hatonastick

Marmor: The GLB IDE/compiler runs on RPi, or programs compiled for RPi (via Canoo) run on RPi?  I'm having trouble working out whats going on in your video, sorry.  :blink:

Edit:  Looking at that video yet again I'm guessing it's the latter.  I really want to get a RPi now.  :good:
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

Marmor

haha video is from Kitty  :D :D :D

matchy

Very exciting developments.  :happy:

Minion

The video is a demonstration of a GLB program compiled for the PI (instead of for the caanoo). But atm its using softer rasterization as theres a library missing from the unix dist. But we are working tirelessly around the clock 24x7 to get this to work ;)

Hatonastick

Very, very cool. :)
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

Hark0

http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

bigsofty

This is an interesting development...

Raspbian Linux now available for Raspberry Pi: Up to 40 percent faster than Debian ( http://liliputing.com/2012/07/raspbian-linux-now-available-for-raspberry-pi-up-to-40-percent-faster-than-debian.html )
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Hotshot

Good to hear that GLBASIC is coming to Raspberry PI because coding Python is awful due error handling :(

erico

Would our current linux distro work out of the box running this system?
Sure sounds nice!

Ian Price

GLB already works on the Raspberry Pi - you just have to compile for Caanoo or Pandora IIRC. Minion did a vid of GLB on Pi, so it definitely works.
I came. I saw. I played.

Miroslav-Stimac

Hello,

Would it be easy to make GLBasic runnable on the Raspberry Pi?
I do not think only about compiling games that run on Raspberry Pi, but also to be able to run GLBasic on the Raspberry Pi and develop software by using GlBasic on the Raspberry Pi.
The Raspberry Pi is meant to be used for education, especially for kids and young people. Many kids like games and programming games is a nice start to learn programming in general. I think that GLBasic could become a wonderful programming language on the Raspberry Pi.

Currently I think that there is only Python with Pygame that is meant to develop games on the Raspberry Pi. Of course, C respectively C++ could be used, too, but that is too difficult for many people and I think that many kids would prefer a simple, yet powerful programming languages that enables them to create nice games. GLBasic may be perfect, or?
Furthermore, if Raspberry Pi becomes famous, then it may increase the popularity of GLBasic, too.
What do you think?

Best wishes,
Miroslav
PC: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE, Microsoft Windows 8 64 Bit, 12 GB DDR3-RAM, 2 TB hard disk, NVidia GTX 560

Home computers:
1. Commodore 64, 1541-II floppy, Final Cartridge 3
2. Commodore Amiga 1200, Blizzard 1230-IV, FPU 50 MHz, 16 MB fast memory, 4 GB Flash HD
3. Atari Mega ST2

MrTAToad

Gernot is working on getting it fully compatible...