keyboard shortcut for switching between open files

Previous topic - Next topic

Falstaff

Something like ctrl-alt-left arrow and right arrow? I work with a lot of different files and it'd be great to be able to switch quickly with the keyboard. Hopefully it's pretty easy to add, and it would be awesome :)

Nathan

The standard windows convention CTRL-Tab works in the GLB IDE and switches between open files.
Although for some reason, it doesn't always work for me.

Crivens

Don't forget CTRL+SHIFT+TAB too to go backwards.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Slydog

Quote from: Nathan on 2011-Dec-12
Although for some reason, it doesn't always work for me.

I know!   :rant:
It only works on rare occasions for me, like when GLB first starts.
Also, the 'save all' (<shift>+<ctrl>+<s>) shortcut quits functioning at some point too!

It's as if the object receiving keyboard events looses focus or something.
And, just global commands quit working, because normal save (<ctrl>+<s>) still works!

[Edit] Found out how to recreate the '<ctrl>+<tab> not working' bug.
Open GLB with a project.  Everything works fine.
Click the 'Output' window, then back to your code, it stops working.
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

mentalthink

Thanks I don´t know this shortcut...

Any possibility to open media folder whit a shot-cut?¿

mentalthink

HI I think I found the little error whit the TAB-SHIFT shotcut, I try to make a new glbasic file, whit a new file into it... well don´t works, I thinke well can be the space in the path, not... I try to close the ide, and restart the project, and works...!!! I try only two times, but the behavior it´s the same, when you close GLBasic IDE and Restart, the short-cuts runs pretty fine...

Falstaff

Oh right, I had forgotten I had tried ctrl-tab on day 1 and was annoyed by how it seems to switch between tabs at random. I would like something that goes from the tab I'm on to the next one to the right, or another to go to the tab to the left. I'm guessing ctrl-tab maybe goes in what order the files are opened or something, and I've probably re-arranged my tabs since then.. maybe this is more of a bug report for ctrl-tab then ;p

Moru

I like it when the order is the last used order. If you click around on the tabs and then use ctrl+tab to switch around, it should go in the same order you just clicked the tabs. This way you can easily work on your last two or three files without having to alternate between pressing shift and not pressing shift.

Kitty Hello

I tried to fix it. Sometimes the framework uses the ctrl+tab, sometimes my keyboard handler does not.
It's such a mess...

Crivens

Is there any way to change the IDE to show a number against each open file then use ALT+number to switch to it? I'm sure I had a plugin for VB6 that did something similar...

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.