I had a dream...

Previous topic - Next topic

blackway

Gernot, I like your dream!    :good:
I hope your dream come true pretty soon!
Thanks Trucidare and you, Gernot, for your effort , I guess that we'll have to pay a lot of beers to you guys !

DmitryK

+10
It would be cool for GLB users and GLB itself to attract new users !
Our life is just a Game!

bigsofty

Would make a big difference to me, I would love to be able to drop the old iMac off my dev chain.  ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Ian Price

Would we still need the Mac for uploading to iTunes and/or for certificates?
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Ian Price

This is getting better and better =D
I came. I saw. I played.

Slydog

For Sale: 1 Used MacBook  :P  :D

At least my nephew uses it for his GameSalad development, which has no PC port.
Ya, I know, I keep trying to get him to try GLBasic! 8)
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Sokurah

I have a dream too: "tell us it's more than just a dream".  :happy:
Website: Tardis remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games. All freeware. :-)
Twitter: Sokurah

ampos

I can't believe that yopu can code/sign/upload a iOS app without a Mac.

Are you telling that you has been able to "skip" all this certificates for computer, for developer, for distribution, and even make a program that read the itunes "ready to upload" prpgrams, validate and upload? Witout a Mac?

I dont believe.

I can believe you saying "now we can compile and install on iOS as in WebOS", but not uploading to Apple.

If I am wrong, and you are right... I will put my head on the toilette and upload a photo here.
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

blackway

Quote from: ampos on 2011-Sep-01

Are you telling that you has been able to "skip" all this certificates for computer, for developer, for distribution, and even make a program that read the itunes "ready to upload" prpgrams, validate and upload? Witout a Mac?

I dont believe.

I can believe you saying "now we can compile and install on iOS as in WebOS", but not uploading to Apple.

If I am wrong, and you are right... I will put my head on the toilette and upload a photo here.

I want to see that photo !!   =D

backslider

Quote from: blackway on 2011-Sep-01
Quote from: ampos on 2011-Sep-01

I dont believe.

I want to see that photo !!   =D

+1  :good:

Kitty Hello

Yes. Trucidare is perfectly able to compile, link and codesign from a terminal on a windows machine. Win7 x64. We had some trouble with an XP 32bit on a vbox, but that it wasn't investigated further. I don't think there's a problem really, because we have the source for everything.

Crivens

Wow. Time to consider ebaying that Mac Mini or using it as a media device on a TV. It's pretty much relegated to a "compile XCode" button as it is, especially after getting a Pre2 so I can compile straight to a device from my Windows laptop.

Plus if you can make the whole publishing to the app store a lot easier and understandable then that would be fantastic. Honestly took me ages to work out what to do originally, not helped by multiple methods to do it and the fact that Apple likes to change the layout and method of things every 5 minutes. Ah yes, here is a really good method to do it (on Apples own site) that was published only 2 months ago.... Where is that damn button they are talking about! In fact where is the whole page!!!! Oh, over here. Right. Moved. Renamed. Only appears when something else happens.... So what the hell is this????? etc etc etc grey hair etc :)

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

okee

QuotePlus if you can make the whole publishing to the app store a lot easier and understandable then that would be fantastic. Honestly took me ages to work out what to do originally, not helped by multiple methods to do it and the fact that Apple likes to change the layout and method of things every 5 minutes. Ah yes, here is a really good method to do it (on Apples own site) that was published only 2 months ago.... Where is that damn button they are talking about! In fact where is the whole page!!!! Oh, over here. Right. Moved. Renamed. Only appears when something else happens.... So what the hell is this?? etc etc etc grey hair etc

Yeah it gives me nightmares, that's why i just use android at the moment to test mobile
stuff out, and haven't used the 2nd hand macbook i bought a great deal either.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

hardyx

I like the idea, you found a method to sign applications using developer keys?. With this you can use a cheaper and powerful PC laptop and compile everywhere. I have a MacMini and I use little for programming. :doubt:
BTW, a MacOSX IDE could be created using Lazarus, is a multiplatform (OSX too) Delphi clone.