GLBasic 7.341 and Linux.

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatonastick

I must say I had no trouble (Ubuntu 10.04) installing GLBasic v7.341, then compiling the Cel Shading example as a windows program and running it.  All works beautifully under Wine.  Except for one thing.  Changing the compiler output to Linux in options does nothing.  It just compiles it for windows again.  So then I tried Build Multiplatform, but that just kept throwing a window up saying 'Removed Depreciated Platform: Linux' (actually it doesn't matter which OS you click on it will give the depreciated message).  So I'm guessing I've missed something somewhere but am not sure what.

Must say I'm awfully tempted to write my server as a windows program and just run it under Wine instead of mucking about with trying to get Linux compilation working.  Been running a game server which is written for windows under Wine recently for long periods of time without any hassles.

Anyway I might have another crack at it in the morning.

PS Should I be using 7.341 or using 8 Beta instead?
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

MrTAToad

I haven't tried using V8 in WINE - but I dont think its possible to compile for any other platform other than Windows. I pointed it out a while ago now :)

Hatonastick

Yeah I vaguely remember reading that thread last night before I went to bed.  If I can't do it, I can't do it and that puts a bit of a cramp on being able to write, compile and test under Linux.  Unless I stick with the plan of writing it for windows and running it under Wine I guess.

I might just have to go with C in that case anyway, even if I am so totally sick to the back teeth of that language.

MrTAToad

I think the problem is caused by cywin getting confused over pathing or something.  Gernot did state why its a problem...

Hatonastick

Fair enough.

Edit: I should point out that compiling for the current version of Ubuntu Linux (while in Windows and not Wine) worked fine once I installed libstdc++.5.so, which took only a minute or so thanks to the Debian package version I found.  So I'll just develop what I want under Windows and transfer it to my Ubuntu desktop/server, no big deal.