Tiny Request: Playing a sampleloop (not musicloop)

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Oops, sorry Spacefractal, got a little OT there.  :-[
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

spacefractal

hihi dont worry.

I also like to see OpenAL too (its a well spread standard too), and its could even been a nice separate product if you ask me. That due you might need to include a dll for older Windows systems, but people that use its should not mind that at all. I would even pay for a cool sound system like this. But its not for anyone, hence I guess better for a separate product mightbeen. This would also mean better format support, example like ADPCM wav i would like to see.

OpenAL might not work on older platforms (gp32 or such), but hence I dont normally call sound functions directly, but first called a function first to do some job first. So its easy to change what it needed for various platforms.

Those request was just requested because I dont think its should take long time to implements and for compatible. And its would tied nicely for the Music Commands.

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

r0ber7

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2012-Jan-08
I'll have a look. I wanted to either switch to SDL for windows anyway, or write my own mixer routines that would allow a lot of other messings. It's just a lot of additional work.

This would allow adjusting volume and panning during playback? If it's a lot of work i totally understand if it doesn't happen. I have many requests for in my game which sound awesome but not every idea is realistic considering time and effort and real life. However , if it does end up in glbasic i'll buy one of those sketchbooks. ;-)