Lib compiling problems

Previous topic - Next topic

monono

I am just trying to include a library I made in another project. Without even using a function from that lib GLBasic says while compiling, that it is a library and cannot be changed. What could be the reason for that?

Slydog

Is it an error, or a warning / notice?
I would think it's just a notice, and that you can't change a library (it's static).
You'd have to change the original source and recreate the library is what I think it's telling you.
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

monono

It´s an error! The message comes with it´s own message window.
The compiler says: error : command not inside function or sub
QuoteI would think it's just a notice, and that you can't change a library (it's static).
You'd have to change the original source and recreate the library is what I think it's telling you.
Even I would try I couldn't change a lib. I know. Same Project with the lib's origin files work. The lib doesn´t try to change itself either.

Kitty Hello

what are you doing in detail. What library? .gbal or .a files?

monono

Just haven´t seen the reply, yet.
It´s a .gbal from my 2d Framework. I had made a .gbal from an earlier stage of the framework and it worked as expected.
Maybe I did something wrong. To make the .gbal. I deleted the main file from a project which used the framework as a bunch of files. then the first file of 8 framework files became the main file. At that point I made the gbal. Or is there anything that should´t be done in lib? Any rules to follow?

Kitty Hello

the gbal is basically a binary gbas source file.

monono

Was heißt das jetzt für mich? :S

Kitty Hello

you cannot edit a gbal file. You need the gbas source for that library to change it.

monono

I know that. I never tried to edit the gbal!
But the Problem is solved anyway: As I was copy and pasting all the files of the framework into one file for making the lib I changed the order. The gbas with all the types in it wasn´t first.